• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

bridge operations problem
07-28-2006, 03:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-28-2006, 03:25 AM by elpaco.)
bridge operations problem
Hi,

Have a look at the enclosed image to see what happened to my opponents. we are playing F40, the campaign in 188 turns, we have just reached turn 50.

and german engineers have built a bridge over... a clear hexside Eek
this is kinda weird, don't you think ???:conf:

PS : glenn we can send you the file with the password if you want ...please ask.

Attached Files
.jpg   mouton � 5 pattes.JPG (Size: 88.16 KB / Downloads: 93)
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2006, 03:30 AM,
RE: bridge operations problem
elpaco Wrote:PS : glenn we can send you the file with the password if you want ...please ask.

The screen shot is so tiny I can't see anything and I am leaving on holidays in about 27 hours (but whose counting) so if I had the file from BEFORE and AFTER with passwords, I might have a chance to look at it but I can't promise - sorry.

I can think of a couple ways which this might accur but I wouldn't speculate on them without knowing the work flow you followed to get his. IE:

1) we know the game doesn't allow you to build a Bridge on a clear hexside (right)
2) The unit didn't start this way
3) There if some game event caused this to happen, somehow somebody must have some idea what may have caused this to happen.

Therefore Files before, after and the password and hexes with some idea what was done would be needed to figure this out and time is AWFUL short.

Glenn
Send this user an email
07-28-2006, 03:57 AM,
sorry about the size of the screen shot, I just changed it so you can have a better look;

I ll ask my opponent to send it to you right away as I obviously don't have their password :)
07-28-2006, 04:26 AM,
Is the scenaraio number 0510_01x: France '40 (No Halt)?

What is the hex location number. Look in the bottom right hand corner to get the (xxx,yyy) hex number.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
07-28-2006, 04:31 AM,
Found it.

In scenario 0510_01x: France '40 (No Halt), it is hex 159,55.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
07-28-2006, 04:48 AM,
you are right, both about the hex and the scenario...;)

I have asked my friends to send the two files to glenn...
I hope they will do it tonight though I can't guarantee...

anyway there is no hurry
07-28-2006, 02:56 PM,
My guess is somebody wanted to build a bridge across that river but clicked on the wrong hex. So the unit dutifully obeyed the order. Der Fuhrer hatte Ihnen ershossen worden! von Egancheers
07-28-2006, 03:32 PM,
RE:��bridge operations problem
Prinz von Egan Wrote:My guess is somebody wanted to build a bridge across that river but clicked on the wrong hex. So the unit dutifully obeyed the order. Der Fuhrer hatte Ihnen ershossen worden! von Egancheers

Then you should be able to check this out and confirm it fairly easily:)

Actually - I think it might be a bug we already have fixed, I could give you some more details but I don't want to taint the input from the players involved.

Glenn
Send this user an email
07-28-2006, 05:35 PM,
Prinz von Egan Wrote:My guess is somebody wanted to build a bridge across that river but clicked on the wrong hex. So the unit dutifully obeyed the order. Der Fuhrer hatte Ihnen ershossen worden! von Egancheers
You are right, the player wanted to build a bridge across the river. But (for me at least) it is not possible to click on a non-river hex .

check this new image out : the engineer can only click on the lower 3 possibilities, the upper ones are greyed and can't be clicked on.

so I would have thought like you if the bridge had been built across the stream but I still don't understrand how it manages to build one across a clear hexside .. :conf:

Attached Files
.jpg   bridge ops.JPG (Size: 14.53 KB / Downloads: 39)
07-29-2006, 05:43 AM,
RE:��bridge operations problem
Got your files - unfortunately I have no time to look at this today as I am going away with the family:)

But I forwarded them to a friend.

I believe this is some thing we've seen and recently fixed. Hopefully this can be confirmed while I'm away - but if not we can address the issue when I return

TTFN

Glenn
Send this user an email