• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Risisng Sun problem
07-19-2006, 12:17 PM,
Risisng Sun problem
Hello All,

im currently playing a Rising Sun scenario with an opponent(Mcfarlands Last Stand)

we are about half way through..i recieved my opponents turn and opened the file, sometimes i review the whole turn and sometimes i skip my opponents turn and go right to my turn. so i selected "no" and proceded to watch my artillery fire in my turn phase, i get a bit through my turn and then after a certain indirect fire shot the screen freezes and i can do nothing other then cancelling the game. this scenario has lot's of caves in it and the japanese have ample opportunity to use them.now this about the 3rd time this has happened too me with rising sun scenarios, usually there big and have caves in them, i also run WF,EF11andexpansion pack, DG, DGVN.and have no problems running them, i thought i may have had a RAM problem,so i went out and purchesed 128 mb of ram instead of my 64mb or what ever it was..

but still the scenario freezes up in the same spot..

i did hear of a cave "fix" so to speak and it was on this message forum about 2 years or so ago, a gent had some sort of upgrade or patch for this problem..any one else ever experienced this problem before???

maybe some of the hardcore RS players might have heard about this or know how to fix it

anyhow thks for listening and i will see if i get any bites on this issue

larry
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2006, 05:26 PM,
RE: Risisng Sun problem
General,

Welcome back, yes there is a bug with the Caves in RS. If you select a hex that contains a cave, fire artillery into the hex, or if an enemy unit walks in there. This problem is fixed if you have Rising Sun Gold or the Imperial Strike add on..which both upgrade Rising Sun to 1.0G otherwise I believe you need to edit a value in some file perhaps the main.pdt..

I wish my memory was better..

Matt ~Digger
Quote this message in a reply