• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Game quits on saving
07-19-2006, 06:44 AM,
Game quits on saving
Lately (after I installed the latest patch, maybe?) the game quits on me when I save a file. Is that the way it's supposed to work? Thanks. :rolleyes:
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2006, 06:45 AM,
RE: Game quits on saving
I am sorry, I should have mentioned this is TOAW3 and the .17 patch. :)
07-19-2006, 07:16 AM,
For pbem games it is supposed to quit, apparently an anti cheat mechanism
I remember Canada's Forgotten Veterans

http://www.vcn.bc.ca/~jeffrey1/tribute.htm
07-19-2006, 07:54 AM,
You're right! In games against the AI saving still works. Eek

Yes, I started my first PBEM game today, hence I didn't notice earlier. :rolleyes:

Thanks! cheers
07-22-2006, 05:20 AM,
If you want to see your final state, there is a *.SAL file.
This allow you to see, inspect and evaluate your last turn sent.
07-24-2006, 06:02 AM,
So if we play a big scenario in PBEM and can't finish the turn we can't save it?
Send this user an email
07-24-2006, 12:17 PM,
You can save your move in a pbem game; it's no problem if you save your move, exit the game, come back later, reopen the saved move, and continue your move. In a pbem game, as noted above, when you save, you're kicked out of the game, but you simply restart, and load the saved move. It's done this way to prevent multiple (cheat) saves during a pbem game, where you keep going back to a previous save, and replaying that part of the move, to recon, get a better combat result, or whatever.

Again, if anyone really has a problem simply saving a position, and returning to it later to complete your move, let me know, I'll try to duplicate the problem. But I really don't think that's a problem with the official release, or the patches, and I'm just now ending a TOAW 3 game pbem, where I've saved numerous times, and have had no trouble coming back, and finishing my move.
07-24-2006, 08:30 PM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: Game quits on saving
Yes, it does work. One only needs to remember that (unlike in other games) a save from an uncomplete PBEM turn is loaded by using the "resume game", not the "play by email" button. :smoke: