• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PC/MC Print Screen or Screen Capture?
07-09-2006, 05:11 AM,
PC/MC Print Screen or Screen Capture?
I'm writing an article for NGP'85 and I need to know how to capture a screen picture.

Ideas?
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2006, 06:14 AM,
RE: PC/MC Print Screen or Screen Capture?
You can use either: file->snapshot or alt-printscreen, open paint, paste.

Cheers,
Fury
07-09-2006, 09:05 AM,
HirooOnoda Wrote:I'm writing an article for NGP'85 and I need to know how to capture a screen picture.

Ideas?

How about from within the game:

File | Snapshot and name the file. It makes a BMP file which you can open in Paint, crop and change to a JPG. Doesn't have the Unit Window, so if you want that, thenId say hit the PrintScreen Button on your PC - that captures the image to the buffer. Then open PAINT and Paste.

*IF* you have a dual Monitor - PrintScreen will capture both screen so in that instance make sure the GAME is the active window and hit ALT + PrintScreen and only the active WIndow is caught.

There are of course other packages - SNAGIT can be had for download and demo and is a VERY usefull package because it is so DAME Easy to use and anotate. It has ulta simple Arrow tools and you can put Drop shadows around images. We do the anotationad and drop shadows in the NOTES and STARTED file with Snagit - but the main imageas are staight PAINT with the PrintScreen.

Good luck.

Glenn
Send this user an email
07-09-2006, 11:26 AM,
Thanks Glenn. I have hit "print screen" numerous times but nothing seems to happen. Where might I find the image if it is working properly?

Hiroo
07-09-2006, 12:11 PM,
When you open a program such as Paint, you can go to Edit-Paste and the image will be inserted. It won't normally appear by itself, it is just copied to the clipboard where it is available to paste like this.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]