• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WAW enhanced install sequence
07-05-2006, 06:27 AM,
WAW enhanced install sequence
With all the mods for WAW I was wondering if some could state the exact install order required for the game?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2006, 07:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-05-2006, 08:01 AM by Alby.)
RE: WAW enhanced install sequence
not sure what you mean??
run modswapper program then,
Install SPWAW Enhanced version 2 (after uninstalling V1 if you had it)
version 1 can be deleted.

Send this user an email
07-06-2006, 09:21 AM,
I mean I don't have any of this program. So do I need WAW 1.0 then install patch 2.0 etc etc. You know like MBT is 1.0 to 2.0 to 2.5 to 2.51.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
07-06-2006, 04:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-06-2006, 04:08 PM by Alby.)
Weasel Wrote:I mean I don't have any of this program. So do I need WAW 1.0 then install patch 2.0 etc etc. You know like MBT is 1.0 to 2.0 to 2.5 to 2.51.

Ok I gotcha
If you do not have any version of SPWAW, download 8.2
then the 8.3 patch.
Thats as much as you need to use SPWAW Enhanced.
you could actually just use 8.2 then install Enhanced with modswapper, as the mech.exe in Enhanced will "take over"
Modswapper was included in SPWAW in 8.0 or 8.2
dont recall which.

Send this user an email
07-07-2006, 02:54 AM,
Thanks.

So all the 8.4 stuff isn't required anymore?
07-07-2006, 03:14 AM,
Weasel Wrote:Thanks.

So all the 8.4 stuff isn't required anymore?
No it is not required.
you can run Enhanced on any version you wish above 8.2 by using modswapper
Send this user an email
07-07-2006, 04:02 AM,
for us less then high speed types;
Find SpWaW 8.2.
Install it.
DL your patch (mod) and extract it to __________?
Then use modswapper to install your mod (patch) on WaW 8.2
Then get Jad to administer a beating and fatten up his already chubby stats.
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
07-07-2006, 05:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-07-2006, 05:11 AM by Alby.)
Grumbler Wrote:for us less then high speed types;
Find SpWaW 8.2.
Install it.
DL your patch (mod) and extract it to __________?
Then use modswapper to install your mod (patch) on WaW 8.2
Then get Jad to administer a beating and fatten up his already chubby stats.

Do not "EXTRACT" the files in it anywhere, and dont let Jad beat up on you!!
Big Grin

Here you go,
follow this and you cant go wrong...

1. Download the 59meg Mod file into the MODS folder in your Steel Panthers game folder. The Mod should be named SPWAW Enhancedv2.spm, but .zip files will work too.

2. Run the ModSwapper program. It is located in your main Steel Panthers game folder, or via your start menu.
The left pane shows all Mods that have been installed; the right pane shows the description of the Mod when it has been selected.

3. Under the File tab, select the Install option.

4. In the window that opens, select the Mod you wish to install. The program should open the MODS folder by default; if it doesn't, navigate to this folder using the Look In: feature. By default, files with the .spm extension are shown; to use a .zip file, change the Files of Type selection box to ZIP Files (*.zip).

5. A new screen opens, showing the description of the Mod you selected. Click on the OK button to install the file.

6. The left pane will now show the file installed. Exit the ModSwapper program.
Send this user an email
07-07-2006, 09:08 AM,
Grumbler,

LOL.....After that last pass I'm afraid to see what your cluster bombs destroyed this time............You flew thru my air defenses like they were not even there. LOADS of fun.......I can't wait to turn my soviet warmachine i.e. 1942-45, loose on your any but american forces......lol.

Jad
07-07-2006, 10:19 AM,
jadpanther Wrote:Grumbler,

LOL.....After that last pass I'm afraid to see what your cluster bombs destroyed this time............You flew thru my air defenses like they were not even there. LOADS of fun.......I can't wait to turn my soviet warmachine i.e. 1942-45, loose on your any but american forces......lol.

Jad

Ok, I guess I take the krauts.I DL'd WaW 8.2 and the mod patch. After dinner I''l whip out a turn to Hak, install them and send you an e-mail and maybe a file set, unless you want to start.
Yeah, AD needs a numbers advantage to be effective. If your opponent has enough air strikes, and some on map arty to get the AD pinned, you can wear one out. You can only reload one SAM per turn, so if you have waves of targets coming in, holes appear in the AD. Notice the order in which I'm pounding your AAA. That is to widen the hole by knocking out the point defense so my Jabo's can get clean runs on their target. That one 57mm AA mount on the reverse slope has done most of the damage. That is because I have to fly right over him to get the best attack angle on your armor. I have a Maverick with his name on it coming up soon.
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson