• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

F40 Command Structure Question
07-04-2006, 03:59 PM,
F40 Command Structure Question
Eek I'm about to embark on a F40 campaign and I'd like to get the command structure straight. The highest French command is HQ GQG (Georges) range 35 hexes, next comes HQ 1er GA (Billotte) 25 hex range then the various Army HQ, 9th, 2nd etc.with 30 hex range and then Corps, 20 hexes. Am I correct to assume that I must centrally locate Georges HQ GQG and Billotte HQ 1er GA and get the various Army HQ's within their command range? If I can do this, then what are my chances to recover from disruption, or does it matter at all, i.e. what are the odds? Thanx von Egan
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2006, 12:38 PM,
RE: F40 Command Structure Question
Well I figured out the answer to my question: The French command structure is very limited. There is no way "gorgeous Georges" is going to be able to impact the entire field and with the 2nd in command fixed for 3 full days he isn't either. Which means the best the French can hope for is army, corps and division command to affect the "dice roll" and since those boys are low rated, my disordered boys are going to stay that way. Das ist Krieg. P von E
07-05-2006, 10:41 PM,
RE: F40 Command Structure Question
Good answer :)

The French High command had very little controle during the campaign.
Send this user an email