• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Food for Tactical Thought
07-03-2006, 03:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-03-2006, 04:02 AM by Zemke.)
Food for Tactical Thought
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2006, 04:01 AM,
RE: Food for Tactical Thought
Good foundational stuff - how often do we forget it and lose as a result.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
07-03-2006, 04:12 AM,
I seem to be able to apply the principles better than I am able to emplace my MGs or what orders each of my Squads or teams should have....lol. So the above is foundation, but one must master the game machanics to win Combat Mission games, (which I still need to work on). And the truely great thing about playing a human opponent is, he is a living, breathing, THINKING person who is trying to do to you what you are trying to do to him. He is also appling the Principles of War as they apply to his situation and force structure. So even though deception is not one of the Principles of War, it should always be considered when making your plan. And remember don't become blinded by what you see, as you may only be seeing what the enemy wants you to see.
07-03-2006, 04:20 AM,
Nice stuf there.

Us tactical doctrine doesnt translate fully to CM doctrine though, but I know what you are getting at.

Good work.