• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Cheating?? Tournament Longest Day Campaign
07-01-2006, 12:02 AM,
Cheating?? Tournament Longest Day Campaign
Para 101 has threatend me with a total loss in my game against SS Expandeux as I altered the orientation of the pill box and some of the trenches in the initial set up, accusing me of cheating.

I don,t regard that as cheating as you are allowed to alter the orientation but not the position of a fixed fortification.

My opponent turned his 88 on Pegasus bridge in the first turn in an attempt to deny me any chance of its capture is that cheating?

I am quiet happy to play the game again but I don,t like being accused of cheating.:mad:
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2006, 01:20 AM,
RE: Cheating?? Tournament Longest Day Campaign
Rotating fortifications or trenches during the setup phase doesn't seem like cheating to me at all. Never tried it before, but if it works it seems to be a valid technique. Not in violation of the Club RoE or the CM games themselves at least.

The only way this should be an issue is if the Tournament rules specifically stated that fortifications/trenches/etc. could not be rotated/changed before starting. Were there any tourney rules to that effect?
07-01-2006, 01:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2006, 01:24 AM by Vulture.)
"What we do in life, echoes in eternity..."
Send this user an email
07-01-2006, 01:56 AM,
I`m with Vulture on this.

If you have a problem with your opponent the way to deal with the problem is :

1) PM your opponent and explain why you are upset

2) If not happy with the reply, then go to the Ladder Commander and explain why you are not happy.

By publishing the message you have, you are not only leaving yourself open to a flame war, BUT you might be in trouble with the Ladder Commander.

BTW, Vulture knows how easy it is to make a mistake setting up a battle - as I do !.
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
07-01-2006, 04:28 AM,
I worked a lot of days on this map to make it Historical accurate ....all does trences and pillbox was in the historical position ...if u move it the scenario isn't Historical Anymore and the ballance is gone

I didn't knew that with padlock setup u can rotate it :-( so no changing pls
SO my appologies for that ....and i could have issued some rules like no firing on the bridge ...so it would be faire to ever who fires on the bridge to loose ..the Bridge was secured intact
07-01-2006, 04:32 AM,
88's at Pegasus bridge? Surely not.

As to what is cheating. If its not in the set up rules, how can it be cheating?

And I personally would consider it very unsportsman like to take out my own Bridge in this type of game???????

Still, as the others have said, I dont think you will get anywhere here with your post and they have all given you good avice.

Check my PM.
07-01-2006, 04:32 AM,
Anyway since i started this first i need to apologise to Adam for that remarc with the cheating and total losss..SORRY

I just didn't knew that u can rotate the pillbox with paddlock setup

Second : Adam is again right..u are not alloewd to fire on the bridge..with the gun

Third : i think it's faire Adam and Expandeux restart there games since one changed positions and the other fired on the bridge...

Hope i clarified this and again apologies for this mixx up...i'mm still new at this..hard to organise a turnament all by ourself

CHEERS
07-01-2006, 04:42 AM,
OK..guys i've talked to Adam ..Jesus what a mess i made so
no RESTARTING GAMES..just continue but DO NOT BLOW THE BRIDGE !!!
i didn't knew u can modify the positions of tranches and pillboxes with padlock setup :-(

I'll asure u that i'll think more on the next map
APOLOGIES AGAIN and BEST REGARDS
07-01-2006, 04:52 AM,
Ok Para Thanks for putting all that right
I will set up again with unaltered field defence positions for the sake of game realism.
And I accept your appollogies

07-01-2006, 04:52 AM,
88's were not present at the bridge? Do you mean a 75?