• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Is it just me or everybody else
06-29-2006, 04:10 AM,
Is it just me or everybody else

Hi Getting to this site has been slower then smoke off a piece of crap lately anybody else been having this problem by the way i have High Speed internet cable modem
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2006, 04:15 AM,
RE: Is it just me or everybody else
Same for me Dennis
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
06-29-2006, 04:16 AM,
And me, it's driving me nuts!
06-29-2006, 10:44 AM,
RE: ��Is it just me or everybody else
The web naster has looked at it and there is nothing technically wrong, the pages generated in under 1.0 secs, on up to 2.0 seconds depending on what type of page they are...I'm afraid it's nothing more than an old server and too much through put.

Some times it hums along fine, other times not so fine. Apologies, it's the downside of not being commercial.

Paul
06-29-2006, 11:10 AM,
No problem Steel God just glad to Know its not only me
07-07-2006, 05:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-07-2006, 05:06 AM by Gasbag.)
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
07-07-2006, 08:56 AM,
RE:����Is it just me or everybody else
Gasbag Wrote:Glad to know that it's not just me either.

Ya - but it sounds like there is not much that can be done about it unless some fair-god-mother comes up with a new fatser server and in tthe meantime, I've notived a drop off in the number of people writting post likely because there are less people reading post.

...not sure what one can do, but it is a concern.

Glenn
Send this user an email
07-07-2006, 09:45 AM,

Hi Glenn you mentioned a drop off of people writng post and the number reading them. I think right now that has alot to do with it being summer alot of people slow way down on their gaming when the weather turn nice also in the June News letter our ladder reported 77 games not bad alot of people just play instead of posting at least i hope that is the reason
07-07-2006, 09:58 AM,
There's good news and bad news.

The good news is we're pretty sure we know what the issues are now. The bad news is that some of it may not be fixable by anything other than an equipment upgrade, either a new server, or at least an upgrade to the memory (RAM). The later is cheaper, but we're not at the point if we know it will fiz it or not.

In the mean time there is some adjustments that can be made, and our webmaster Raz is hard at it trying to tune up this old lady so we can determine what, if anything, really needs doing in the hardware department.

We'll get there.

Paul
07-07-2006, 12:03 PM,
Disable all the graphic gee-gaws.

Pretend you're on dialup again. I'm sure anyone dialing-in doesn't notice a thing.

Slow down, play a turn of a game, have a meal, love your wife, have a beer, change the world while you wait.