• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SFS Round 2 Match Results: Surf's Up . . . in Shark Infested Waters
06-26-2006, 11:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-29-2006, 04:49 AM by Thor.)
SFS Round 2 Match Results: Surf's Up . . . in Shark Infested Waters
Ok mates, the first two SFS Round 2 Results are already in: :cool:

Predictably, our very own CS Ladder custodian and Blitz Head Honcho Ed Herr Strasse "THE ROAD RUNNER" Laufer blazed the fastest trail, but took it on the chin against fellow Blitz boss, Jason Petho in EFII "Terror at Borisov."

Petho scores a Major Victory, his second of the SFS Tourney. :kill: He is clearly the "woodie" to beat so far. :2guns:Salute!

The first result is also in for the EFII "Blocking Force" battle. Blitz Shark Basson, the South African Assassin won a Minor Victory as Allies against Axis commander Michael. That is a tough feat in a scenario that gives the Germans ample firepower and good defensive position.

But that is why we play. And hopefully the less experienced guys will learn some tactical tips from playing and watching the best CS players in action.

So the early running total for SFS Round 2 is:

Blocking Force: 1 Allied win

Terror at Borisov: 1 Allied win

More as they come in.

Btw, thanks for the great sitreps already guys! :thumbs_up: Keep em coming, and please go vote today if you have not already for Round 1 "Sitrep King." We still have a tie going and need to crown a winner tonight.

Please vote ASAP if you have not done so already. Set your MB view to 20 days (bottom right menu) and the poll will show up under important threads.

cheers
Thor
SFS Tournament Director Sgt

Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2006, 07:29 AM,
RE: SFS Round 2 Match Results: Surf's Up . . . Shark Infested Waters
My apologies for being MIA. Been having computer problems that I hope to get fixed soon.
06-29-2006, 05:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-29-2006, 06:48 AM by Thor.)
RE: SFS Round 2 Match Results: Surf's Up . . . in Shark Infested Waters
Another SFS result just in:

In Blocking Force, Blitz shark and Allied commander Scorched Earth has won a hard fought Minor Victory against Axis commander Wolfman. Shark2

Congrats to Scorched Earth for pulling out a win in a very, very difficult scn for the Russkies. :thumbs_up:

But wasn't this the same general who posted this on the sitrep thread early in the battle (sitrep #44)?

"Well, i now know how the Titanic Captain felt. The award for the worst game of all time goes to.... (drum roll), Blockhead. Only play if u have a total death wish as Allied, which i guess my guys have got, well those i have left. I can feel my hand twitching for that dirty white flag, blood stained & tattered..." :laughing:

Tackling the difficult-to-impossible is never easy (no duh Thor :rolleyes: ) -- but ultimately the most gratifying. :smoke:

In fairness to Scorched Earth, Blocking Force is an incredibly tough nut for the Allies to crack and a battle that would have any general sweating. But like a true warrior, he bucked up and fought his way through to victory. :chainsaw:

I want to express my thanks too, for his great sitreps in each round! cheers

The running total for SFS Round 2 is:

Blocking Force: 2 Allied wins

More as they come in.

cheers
Thor

06-29-2006, 10:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-29-2006, 03:35 PM by Thor.)
06-30-2006, 05:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2006, 05:38 AM by Thor.)
07-02-2006, 11:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-02-2006, 11:39 AM by Thor.)
07-04-2006, 08:08 AM,
Another SFS Round 2 result in -- and the Allied sweep in Blocking Force continues.

Tough Blitz shark and ladder first-pager Nort scored a knockout punch against Axis commander Tide1 winning an Allied Major Victory. :thumbs_up:

Tough stuff :chainsaw: -- and very hard to do in that scn. :bow:

The stats on Blocking Force before the SFS Tournament showed 24 Axis wins and only 2 Allied wins. But matching up the best CS players against the least experienced in this tournament has resulted in six straight Allied wins so far.

Blocking Force is a scenario that really highlights the importance of advanced CS tactics. Smoke, manuever, feints, surround/capture -- all come into play with dramatic effect.

Hopefully in each match, Axis commanders are watching the replays closely Shark to see how the sharks use each tactic to gain the advantage when the odds are stacked against them. From my experience you can learn CS faster from playing a few games against the best, than you can from playing hundreds of games against newbies or less skilled players. Eek

SFS Round 2 running total:

Blocking Force: 6 Allied wins

Threat from the South: 1 Axis win

More as they come in.

cheers
Thor

07-05-2006, 02:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-05-2006, 02:49 AM by Thor.)
07-09-2006, 01:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-11-2006, 10:22 AM by Thor.)
07-13-2006, 07:14 AM,