• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

rock, paper, scissors: SFS Sitrep King vote Extended
06-24-2006, 07:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-24-2006, 07:43 AM by Thor.)
rock, paper, scissors: SFS Sitrep King vote Extended
Lovely,

We have 88 guys in this tournament. :thumbs_up:

Almost all of the Round 1 matches play to completion without a hitch. :thumbs_up:

The fantastic sitrep thread in Round 1 offers up 133 posts and is viewed a whopping 3,529 times -- no doubt a club record!!!! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

And a lot of guys put tons of time and effort into writing some of the most clever sitreps I have seen in club history. :laughing:

Sooooo, after a week of "voting" for the Round 1 "Sitrep King", we garner a total of -- wow -- 25 votes, and the poll ends in a three way tie, with three players each getting six votes. Whoopie.

Another disheartening factoid?: :( If you consider that there were 10 guys listed in the poll, and if each voted for someone, then that means that ONLY 15 guys out of the remaining 78 players in the SFS tournament took a few minutes to cast a vote. :thumbs_down:

Fellas, you reap what you sow. If you want an interesting and lively tournament with fun matchups and guys willing to take the time to write entertaining sitreps for everyone to enjoy, then at least take the time to vote for your favorite author each round. :soap:

Otherwise, let's just all play the AI.

Because of the three way tie, the voting period for "Round 1 Sitrep King" will be extended through this weekend. If you have not voted yet, please take a few minutes to look back over some of the great "Bring Out yer Dead" thread's Round 1 sitreps -- and cast a vote in the poll put up on this MB by Red Devil (important threads section last week).

Fiery

Thor
SFS Tournament Director Sgt

Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2006, 08:04 AM,
RE: rock, paper, scissors: SFS Sitrep King vote Extended
I can't believe my character casting of Lt. Col "Fat" Fenwick was not nominated for a pullitzer, never mind winning this poll...

And here I thought war and flatulance made such good bedfellows!

You guys all deserve a 2 year tour in Fenwick's HQ tent, cleaning is undershorts for not appreciating this bold tale of a commanding officer's literal lack of intestinal fortitude...

And to think I spent 4 of my 8 years in school pursuing an English degree! (the other 4, if anyone was interested, involved rock, paper scissors policy studies, so test the tangent irony of this post through a fine strain of comedic litmus.)

Phaw! Phaw on all of you!

Cheers!

Leto
Quote this message in a reply