• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tiller Con II
06-23-2006, 12:35 PM,
Tiller Con II
Gentlemen,

Its official, the date has been set for the second Tiller Con. It will be held May 26th - 28th, 2007 in Kansas City. I'll be getting a web page put together soon for it, but wanted to get the word out so preparations could be made.

Tickets will go on sale right away, and if you can pre-buy your tickets as early as possible it would be much appreciated, as deposits have to be paid, etc.

And note, that each attendee will go home with a free game...so while it may cost you a few bucks, you will have something to take home, besides the good memories!

Here's a few links from last years event for those who want to check them out:

http://www.hist-sdc.com/con/

http://www.strategyzoneonline.com/articl...e=1&cat=52

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/tillerc...efault.asp
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2006, 02:23 AM,
RE: Tiller Con II
I believe John Tiller is going.
Blackie and I plan to attend.

We had a lot of fun last time - meet many fine folks I've been dealing with on forums for years. I think there is a bit for everyone too. A Bunch of guys were clearly there to play games HTH. Myself I went for the social aspects and I wasn't disappointed. ...and by this I mean it wasn't a "piss-up" in the Bar, but just sitting around one evening with MikeA and Blackie looking through Maps and talking about games we could build with a case a beer was a fun thing to do - and my drink is Soda! :)

Meet Mark Mazer and Marty too. As well as a lot of other guys too.

Lots of fun.

Glenn
Send this user an email
06-24-2006, 03:10 PM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: Tiller Con II
Hey all,

I am a member of the planning committee here in KC that is putting on Tiller Con II. It is shaping up to be an awesome event! I went in 2005 and had a great time meeting everyone, getting to know the HPS staff and of course playing all the great Tiller games. We have incorporated much of what was learned at that event and improved upon it.

The location in KC, Hyatt downtown, is really in a great spot! The convention is in the hotel so once you arrive you are set. Besides Tiller Con II, there is a lot to do for everyone including the whole family. It can be a great family vacation too! Restaurants and shopping are all within 2 minute walking distance! There will be an opportunity to to share some brewskis cheerswith the attendees and the HPS staff. Plus, the US's only national WWI museum is about a two blocks away. This was built in the 1920's and opened with the leaders of France, Britian and the US in attendance and has undergone a complete renovation including opening a brand new 300,000 square foot display area in Dec 06! It is already a must see place in KC and the new addition is suppose to be incredible! They will have airplanes, railroad cars, artillery pieces, etc on display. I hear they will have a complete replica trench section that you can walk through. Very cool stuff. More to come on that.

As you can tell I am very excited! This will be a great event.

If you have any questions about the area, Tiller Con II or what is going on let me know. I live in KC and can help you out.

Marty
(von Nev)
06-24-2006, 03:19 PM,
It will be great to see you all again there, assuming I can work it out. Plenty of notice so it should be pretty easy to setup. Thanks for helping set it up, Marty.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
06-24-2006, 11:11 PM,
Only a 3 hour drive away, I should have no excuse for not going. KC is a great place. Great BBQ. Aside from new WWI museum, the Truman library is also close, which is kind of a neat place to visit.
06-25-2006, 02:00 AM,
Great! Even though it is a year away I plan on attenting this time. The military got in the way of Tillercon I.

WWI museum? I am there.
Send this user an email
06-25-2006, 02:51 AM,
I will hopefully be able to arrange vacation for this
06-25-2006, 03:12 AM,
One year to see with my Colonel if it will be possible.;) Big Grin Big Grin
Send this user an email
06-25-2006, 03:40 AM,
Actually, only 11 months now...and it will pass before you know it. So get those vacation requests in! :-)
06-25-2006, 01:40 PM,
Plenty of time to get things ready for the trip. I have marked my calendar.
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp