• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A question about Operation Sealion
06-20-2006, 02:04 AM,
A question about Operation Sealion
I'm talking about the (huge) scenario made by Jason Petho, which describes the entire (hypothetical) operation. It's a 100-turn monster and is basically a corps-level scenario. My question is: How much visibility should there be for the first few turns of the scenario? The way it is currently set, the paratroopers land in daylight and the landing barges get bombarded by Brit coastal artillery long before they can hit the beach. Now, keep in mind, I don't mind blasting away at slow moving barges loaded down with troops, but would they drop paratroopers during what is clearly daylight? I think there is a way to have dynamic visibility in the game, by changing a few numbers in the save file. I'm wondering though, whether or not that would be accurate.

Thanks.
"Would you like a large or small crater with that, sir?"
- Republic Commando RC-1262 "Scorch"

"Just get us inside without killing the squad, okay Scorch?"
- RC-1138 "Boss"
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2006, 03:56 AM,
RE: A question about Operation Sealion
Good day

Variable visibility would be ideal and I believe that Umbro had been designing a tool that would allow that within the game relatively automatically. Unfortunately, it was not available during the design of the scenario. I am unaware of its current status.

A dawn air assault with limited visibility (4 hexes) would be grand for the first 5-10 turns, increasing visibility as the "day" goes on.

As a German player, I would not be sending my barges and/or boats into view of the coastal guns until they had been neutralized by the paras. There is relatively ample time to secure the cliffs, assuming luck is with you, and then assault the beaches.

Hope that helps
Take care and good luck
Jason Petho

Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply