• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What do you say?
06-18-2006, 09:45 PM,
What do you say?
What do you guys say when launching a new game with someone? I hear "good luck" a lot, but honestly - do you really want your opponent to have "good luck" when he's exhanging AP shells with you? Skill you can respect - but luck? It doesn't seem very sincere. That's why I usually just say "happy carnage."
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2006, 09:50 PM,
RE: What do you say?
I always say Good Luck... guess Im too polite...LOL

Bootie
06-18-2006, 10:48 PM,
I'm all for Good Luck as well. Nothing wrong with that I think, just as I always congratulate an opponent on a Jammy Win!
06-18-2006, 11:09 PM,
I usually say "Good Luck & Good Game", and I wish them both.

Me personally I'd rather lose a "good game" then win a walk over.

Paul
06-18-2006, 11:15 PM,
I nearly always say good luck because whenever I win my opponents always say that I was just lucky.
06-19-2006, 02:31 AM,
I like " Have Fun " . It sounds sappy, but I don't care if I win another game as long as we both enjoy ourselves, and the way I'm playing lately I may not win again.
06-19-2006, 08:57 AM,
I always say good, But i'm actually talking to myself. i really wish his army would get Dysentry and the black plague........I say good luck before the first turn starts, from then on. I wish i got all the good luck and he gets all the bad luck. Winning with luck is stil winning and loosing with tanacity is still loosing. Hell in the history books how many battle were one because one side got a lucky break that the other didn't. But once the game is over and i've gotten my arse kicked then it's back to drawing board and not to some dark closet to sulk in. I think if we were all really honest there are those games that we just think to our selfs. WOW !! the hell did i win that one and vise versa. We all try and win with sounds tactics but i can't remember ever telling my opponenet that he should claim the win because i had some luck that he didn't and vise versa.

Walkure
06-19-2006, 10:30 PM,
I always wish my opponents good luck and I mean it.

Every game I enter into, I play to win. If and when I lose, for me, at the end of the day it is after all just a game...What counts for me is that we've both had fun! :cool:
06-20-2006, 01:20 AM,
Bootie(FGM) Wrote:I always say Good Luck... guess Im too polite...LOL

Bootie

Nothing wrong with that Bootie, don't change.
06-20-2006, 04:53 AM,
Everybody else can say "good luck" if they want to - I don't even see what's polite about it - to me it's not even rational. Who sincerely wants their opponent to be lucky? Be real. Who loses and honestly says "I'm so glad for you that you were incredibly lucky in that game." (I have had more than a few angry rants at my own lucky breaks, however.) I do like "have fun" - and statements along that line - seems more in step with why we play.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift