• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Shark Fin Soup Round 2 Pairings!
06-16-2006, 08:38 PM,
b_Exclamation Mark  Shark Fin Soup Round 2 Pairings!
Ok fellas, we are ready to rock with Round 2.

Here it is. Please look again at the SFS Home Page for ROE and other tournament essentials. You may begin your battles immediately. No specific deadline has been set yet for this round, but count on about 2 months or so. That means your Round 2 matches will need to be wrapped up by around August 15th.

Please contact your opponent and copy me on the initial emails. Also, please copy me on the very first move transmission so I know you are underway. After that, you are on your own, unless problems arise (your opponent disappears, or you have to be away for more than a week) in which case you should contact me ASAP to let me know.

Here are the scenarios and pairings. Red Devil will post them on the SFS site soon as well. I will be out of touch until Saturday if you have any questions. Please email me and I will get back to you this weekend.

Ok here goes:

Catagory 1

Group E vs. Group A (The Sharks vs. The Minnows) Shark

Stongly Unbalanced Scenario: EFII "Blocking Force" (Please make sure to start the correct one, there are similar titles)

Side 1: Allied vs. Side 2 Axis

(note: in this group, the first player listed is Allied; the second player listed is Axis)

Oberst vs. McNab

Nort vs. Tide1

MorganJ vs. Der Stuber

Erich Hoeppner vs. Nemesis

Gevatter vs. rsa

XLVIIIPzKorp vs. Slasher

Tiger88 vs. Glint

KK Rossoloski vs. Hammer44

Tank Killer vs. Dr. Evil

Valor vs. BillK1

Charlie-66 vs. Majog

Big Dawg vs. Sgt Alex

Ed vs. Rasputin

[hirr] Leto vs. Recruit2112

McIvan vs. PK Powers

Bioman vs. Pz Gus

Scorched Earth vs. Wolfman

Digger vs. Thunder

Basson vs. Michael

Catagory 2

Group C vs. Group B (Vets vs. Woodies) :boom2:

Slightly Unbalanced Scenario: EFII "Terror at Borisov"

Side 1: Axis vs. Side 2: Allied

(first player listed is Axis and moves first)

Toten Tanz vs. hobie

Gilgawath vs. Rupert

Fritz vs. Asiaticus

PvP vs. David B. Brown

Norry vs. Kai

Abatis vs. RedeyeGunner

Herr Strasse Laufer vs. Jason Petho

Predrag Violijevik vs. von Luck

Snowman vs. brickie

Rebel vs. Hobbes

Feldgeneral Hoth vs. Hugen Tanken de Tote

Krec vs. Fubar1

Major B.S. vs. kGrZel

Major Blimp vs. Sir Killalot

Dogovich vs. Gordons HQ

Catagory 3

Group D vs. Group D (Grizzled Vet vs. Grizzled Vet) :pirate:

Well-Balanced Scenario: EFII "Threat From the South"

(Note: This is a custom scenario available for download from the "G-4 Scenarios" section of the Blitz. It is very close to balanced and can be won by either side. The side selections have been designed to hopefully balance it out completely. It is a great fight regardless!).

Side 1: Allied vs. Side 2: Axis

(first player listed is Allied)

Don Fox vs. Liveline99

Desert Rat vs. Peiper

Killer McCoy vs. Smedley

Hawk Kriegsman vs. Jeepster777

Harold Blauzahn vs. Jumbo

Rustbelt vs. H.v.F.

Otlig vs. Stryker

Ok guys. You are off and running. If you have any questions please email me and I will get back to you this weekend. Please also refresh your memory on SFS rules at the SFS Tournament Site in the Blitz G-3 section and go over any additional ROE with your opponent prior to starting. The games count for the CS ladder, unless mutually agreed upon prior to starting.

Also, guys please post sitreps as your battles progress. It makes it a lot of fun for all. I will start a thread this weekend onto which sitreps can be posted.

Snowman, please be aware that your opponent "brickie" notified me that he will be out of town for approximately 2 1/2 weeks and asked me to let his Round 2 SFS opponent know. He is very reliable, however, plays fast and I believe can make it up upon his return. If not, we can adjust if necessary. Please let me know once you are underway and keep me abreast of your match's progress.

Go get em guys. Good luck and good hunting! 50cal

Never let them see you run . . . . :smoke:

cheers
Thor
SFS Tournament Director Sgt

Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2006, 12:45 AM,
RE: Shark Fin Soup Round 2 Pairings!
EF2 Threat from the South Rocks...!!!
Excellent scenario choice......plus I get to play
against Erik(Hawk Kriegsman) for the first time.. :smg:

Mucho Kudos to Thor for running a exciting Tournament......:cool:

Eddie
Jeepster777

06-17-2006, 02:04 AM,
Hi Guys, great to start round two - enjoyed this so far, so Kudos to Thor. I've e-mailed my opponent via the Strategyonline site as his address here does not seem to be working. If u read this Wolfman, please post your address. Mine is: [email protected].

cheers
Robert
Scorched Earth
[email protected]
06-17-2006, 05:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-17-2006, 05:32 AM by Thor.)
Thanks for the compliments. We have a great group of guys signed up for this tourney and it makes it easy to find enjoyable and hopefully fair matchups.

This round, within group/catagories, and consistent with ELO ratings and records, I tried to match up players with guys they hadn't played before -- and with time zones (i.e.: big ponds in between) that should help facilitate play.

That way, one guy sleeps while the other guy plays. :thumbs_up:

Or one guy sleeps while he himself plays. Been there, done that. :rolleyes:

Before doing pairings, I also looked at each players' scenario stats to make sure that neither guy had an unfair advantage in the scn chosen for their group.

Hopefully it will be an interesting and fun round for all. :smg:

cheers
Thor

06-17-2006, 11:53 AM,
SFS tourney pages updated with a new look per say and round 2 pairings posted.

Round 1 results forthcoming in the next few days, see who got speared or chomped :)
06-17-2006, 12:38 PM,
my game with Hobbes is now officialy underway
06-17-2006, 01:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-17-2006, 01:47 PM by Thor.)
Dev, Devil the SFS site is looking great! Thank you for all your work in putting that up and maintaining it. We all owe you. :bow:

Thanks especially for getting the site ready for Round 2 pairings so quickly. I just got the list to you a.m today. :thumbs_up:

I will work on the Round 1 results stats tomorrow and get that info to you by sometime late Saturday. I'm four hours behind your time zone, so it's unlikey I will get them to you before late Saturday night your time. I think the stats should be interesting.

I realize that you're now officially out of the CS ladder penal colony, but appreciate your commitment and willingness to help see this tournament through.

Thank you again for updating the SFS site with the new pictures, photo re-touch on fuzzy old pictures, the "Sitrep King" poll and the new Round 2 pairings list.

Salute!

Thor
SFS Tournament Director Sgt
06-18-2006, 01:45 AM,
Scorched Earth Wrote:Hi Guys, great to start round two - enjoyed this so far, so Kudos to Thor. I've e-mailed my opponent via the Strategyonline site as his address here does not seem to be working. If u read this Wolfman, please post your address. Mine is: [email protected].

cheers
Robert

Got my reply yet Robert?
06-19-2006, 05:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-19-2006, 05:40 AM by Asiaticus.)
RE: EFII "Terror at Borisov"
Where do you find EFII "Terror at Borisov"?

I dont have it on my disc or in my list / file of other EF scenarios.

The only ones I have are "Showdown at Borisov" and "Borisov Bridgehead".

Nuts, never mind I found it.

06-19-2006, 05:24 AM,
George send me an email I have the files on my computer. Big Grin

Gary
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman