• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMAK campaign "THE LONGEST DAY" join in!
06-14-2006, 06:48 PM,
CMAK campaign "THE LONGEST DAY" join in!
Supreme Headquarters
[align=center]Allied Expeditionary Force

Soldiers , Sailors and Airmen of the Allied Expeditionary Force

You are to embark upon the Great Crusade towards we have striven these many months . The eyes of the world are upon you . The hopes and prayers of liberty loving people everywhere march with you . In company with our brave Allies and brothers-in-arms on other Fronts you will bring about the destruction of the German war machine , the elimination of Nazi tyranny over the oppressed peoples of Europe , and security for ourselves in a free world .
Your task will not be an easy one . Your enemy is well trained , well equipped and battle-hardened . He will fight savagely .
But this is the year 1944 ! Much has happened since the Nazi triumphs of 1940-41 . The United Nations have inflicted upon the Germans great defeats , in open battle , man-to-man . Our air offensive has seriously reduced their strength in the air and their capacity to wage war on the ground .Our Home Fronts have given us an overwhelming superiority in weapons and ammunitions of war , and placed at our disposal great reserves of trained men . The tide has turned . The free men of the world are marching together to Victory !
I have full confidence in your courage , devotation to duty and skill in battle . We will accept nothing less than full Victory !
Good Luck ! And let us beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking .

Dwight D. Eisenhower

HY there all dear Blitz members :cool:....hese days i've worked on a site that that will alow us to play a CMAK campaign regarding D-DAY ...here's the web adress for the site...

http://the-longest-day.moonfruit.com/

(Special thanks to Bootie since he indicated me this site builder )

...and you can sign in to clear out the Normandy beaches of axis power ou u can drive them back to see .

The campaign is about to be play in Historical or Semi historical scenarios ....more details there ...

The campaign can have 32 players so don't esitate to sign up while there are still free slots:) :kill:

cheers

OK...now the campaign can be played in CMAK ...
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-2006, 01:15 AM,
RE: CMBO campaign "THE LONGEST DAY" join in!
Why use the outdated cmbo engine, you can use CMAK fior normandy battles.
06-15-2006, 01:26 AM,
RE: CMAK campaign "THE LONGEST DAY" join in!
OK...we'll play it in CMAK (i'll update the website for CMAK )
so dear members join in
06-15-2006, 03:17 AM,
Oho...great...I am ready..!!!:smg:
...There's no booze, there's no broads, there's no action!
06-15-2006, 05:45 AM,
Are the maps historically "correct"?
"Kornie"
06-15-2006, 03:12 PM,
I'll create quick battles and they will respect history and the troops that were involved ....

so can does anyone to join ? i putt a lot in work in this...OHO...i have now 4 members in...anyone else ?
06-15-2006, 06:31 PM,
Es kann nur einen geben...........und das bin ich !!!!!

[UF] GLJoe
06-15-2006, 07:27 PM,
ok u are in anyone else ?
06-15-2006, 07:40 PM,
So I was looking at the site and now have a few questions.

1. This seem to be more of a tourney than a campaighn, with players "qualifying" from a group stage and scoring points and there seems to be no way in which the outcome of one battle effects the next, which to me is the definition of a campaighn.

2. Seeing that it realy is a tourny, things might get a bit unbalanced because it is based on historical forces. If this is true it should be the case that one side is often at a disadvantage. Yet sides are randomly assigned, this means that one player could go through the whole tourney getting randomly assigned on the side that it is disadvantaged. Drop outs might be a consequence of this.

3. I dont mean to be twisting your melons, but my only previous experience with a campaighn wasnt that much fun and dont want to get involved in another time waster.
06-15-2006, 07:49 PM,
Agree with Fullhouse here. I have yet to see a campaign end and avoid them like the plague.

However, if it is a Tourney, well they mostly end. I can see what your trying to do and thank you for trying to become more involved in the Blitz and organising something.

However, D-Day itself can only be Beach Assaults and Para actions. Are you creating Maps with the QB as I would suspect that most of your battles will have to simulate one of the beaches involved?