• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Kursk 43 ALT art / scenarios updated (again)!
06-14-2006, 03:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-14-2006, 04:05 PM by Volcano Man.)
Kursk 43 ALT art / scenarios updated (again)!
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-2006, 02:13 PM,
RE: Kursk 43 ALT art / scenarios updated (again)!
Hmm... it is also worth adding that it is recommended that you play the scenarios with the optional rule "limited air recon" activated. I seemed to have forgotten to update the optional rules suggestion picture in the notes file.
Send this user an email
06-15-2006, 10:32 PM,
Excellent.

Just one question: Of the twin scenarios that differ only in their victory level settings, which ones would you recommend for H2H play? (Specifically, I am interested in your South Battle games.)

Peter
06-16-2006, 03:55 AM,
I think that with the stock scenarios the variant "a" is intended for PBEM... so try out #0705_03a_South_Battle_Alt.

One other thing, I also meant to raise the recon / armored car unit defense in order to abstractly represent their specialty in concealment and their tendency to avoid contact in general (as suggested by Elxaime). I forgot to do that as well... but it shouldnt be a real issue until I update it since there arent many armored car recon units in this title anyway.
Send this user an email
06-16-2006, 09:00 AM,
What is Project McNamura?

Should these changes be applied to all later war titles both East and West?

Peter777
06-16-2006, 10:56 AM,
Send this user an email
06-16-2006, 11:11 AM,
HI Volcano

The changes you have proposed all sound like great changes to most later war scenarios.

How do you make the changes?

Cheers

Peter777
06-17-2006, 02:56 AM,
There might be a misunderstanding on my part but if you mean how did I make the changes then I had to go through the OOB for each component and alter the unit ratings to the ones I have in a database file. Right now I have only done this to the Kursk'43 ALT scenario / art pack at Glenn's website.

The url is posted above. Just download the file and extract to your K43 directory to see the scenarios (specific installation instructions are in the zip).

Send this user an email
06-18-2006, 10:27 AM,
Understood

I was wondering what it would take to apply these database changes to other late war scenarios, especially western front games like B44, N44 etc.

Cheers

PP
06-18-2006, 11:41 AM,
Ahh ok. Well, you would need to have the database file that I am working on and replace the values in the OOB. Unfortunately, I do not plan on distributing it or releasing control of the file, given the amount ot work and time it took the come up with it (and the fact that it is a constant work in progress).
Send this user an email