• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

F40 help!
06-09-2006, 09:50 AM,
F40 help!
[font=Arial[/font][size=medium][color=red] Are there any suggestions, from anyone, about which French units might be worthy of an upgrade in morale? I don't see that too many people ever play this game and it might be fun. I know I want to play it but the reviews are too horrible to mention. Are there any "F" units that might be worthy of an "E" and of course any "E" or "D" units that might have been better than they were rated. Is there any justiification in making the best French armoured units "B"? FMWBajan mentioned some large numbers of French artillery assigned to Army that are not in the oob. Anybody know anything about that? Thanks for your help. JE
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2006, 02:08 AM,
RE: F40 help!
Hi !
Perhaps Tortue has some good idea :)
From my point of view , i think the ratings of french units is accurate , what is missing is perhaps a evaporating level changed : not for x men but 50% for example , to represent the brittle of french units and some auto disrupting auto losses if a nearby units is blitzed ... This could be for all allied units with a D rating or lower ... Some deception units added could do equally very well for the nightmare of the allied.
Some german infantry division could be rescaled to C quality , they were not so different of their foes equivalent .
I see perhaps a promotion :the 14 Division d'infanterie led by De Lattre , although lately engaged in the Aisne Front , she was very well commanded (and organized like a Kampfgruppe ) , this division fought to the last days ending the fight in the Massif Central ( some hilly mountains in the center of France) , i see a B rating for the Div HQ.
De Lattre was so fond of her 14th that he recreated her in 1944...
Her motto was 'Ne pas Subir'
Just my 0.02 Euro and some foolish ideas ;)

06-10-2006, 04:48 AM,
Which German divisions do you think might be reduced to "C" ? Thanx, JE
06-10-2006, 07:36 AM,
Bye the way, the French 14th Division is rated "B" in the latest updated oob.
06-10-2006, 05:29 PM,
On the campaign france website , there is an AAR with a heatly debate
about the XIII German Corps , he hold the flanks in the battle , some argue it should not be as as strong because it is easy to use it to open the way for the panzer , it put a danger zone in the south for the allies , which was almost secondary for the germans in this period ( some disagree and they are right ... there was Stonne in this sector). Anyway the pro and cons are balanced , allies are not entitled to do a Dyle plan ... axis are not tied too...
The debate is about too some crafty use of the corps attachement to circumvent the fixed status ...
06-11-2006, 06:27 AM,
Where is this website for F40?
06-11-2006, 09:08 AM,
I'm also thinking there shouldn't be any "F" rated troops.
06-11-2006, 12:40 PM,
Prinz von Egan Wrote:Where is this website for F40?
It isn't an F'40 site, it is a French site supporting Panzer Campaigns, along with a number of other games. Lots of AARs, downloads, images, etc. But everything is in French - there is an English forum there but nothing has been posted there in a long time.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
06-11-2006, 05:40 PM,
Thanks Ricky. What ever happened to the new oob, with the Polish brigade, etc? Also, do you know anything about that missing French artillery assigned to army command that FMWarbajan was talking about? He seemed to think that it was in significant numbers. Is there anything at all in the pipeline? This is too good a game to lie fallow. There has got to be a way out of the present dilemma. Is anyone capable of making changes still thinking about it, or is that phase completely over and done with?
06-11-2006, 11:07 PM,
I have heard a couple of people talk about the Polish bde, no idea if anything is being done there. And I thought whoever mentioned the missing French artillery had worked on or was going to work on a modified version.

David Guegan and I have worked on a further modified version - mainly David, he is waiting for a modified PDT from me but I haven't gotten to it unfortunately - that has a totally redone Belgian army OOB and deployment. We have also bumped up the Allied defense factors slightly, it might need more but I am in a team bame test of it and the German firepower still slaughters the allied foot infantry and most are still at 12 defense, maybe bump most up to 14.

However, the biggest change that I think will be very good is a huge jump in objective points, forcing a deeper penetration by the Germans to win. I believe the only two things needing done are the pdt, and Belgian images, but David might have gotten those together quite awhile ago. I am the slug on that, but then in our team game of an early modified version, we still holding at a minor German loss fairly far into the game - still headed toward a German win I think, but the battle is a tough one.The guys helping with it have somegood input on problems created by the stragety options as we have set them up, mainly with HQ attachments, that shoudl also be resolved.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]