• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Some questions for Volcano Man
06-10-2006, 01:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-10-2006, 01:54 PM by Volcano Man.)
RE: Some questions for Volcano Man
Elxaime,

With your help I think I have reached a decision about airstrikes. You are definately correct that the airpower in PzC is far more powerful than the CS. Since you brought it to my attention I think the best thing to do is to plug those values into the database and come up with some standardized ones across the board there as well. I think that the attack values and number of planes vary from title to title in order to get a historical effect. There is certainly nothing wrong with that approach (since airstrikes in the series is represented abstractly) but I think I will come up with a standard rating and then adjust the airstrike sizes. This should produce a more realistic outcome. These would of course come from the spectrum approach, taking one of the most reliable values and basing the others around it.

As for the indirect fire hard attack levels, I see what you mean but I am thinking about it differently. Out of some personal experiences, indirect fire against armored vehicles is not effective for the sole reason that the armored unit simply pushes through the barrage once it occurs (or bypasses it quickly). You are indeed correct that the primary threat to armored vehicles from indirect fire is a blown track (mobility kill) but in all actuality that would be quite rare (as rare as I think it is now with the reduced HA ratings for indirect fire). The biggest impact indirect fire has on armored vehicles is to scatter them and disrupt them, basically to cause the crew to button up and the formation to break. This still occurs, only now you do not get that almost standard 1 vehicle kill in each complete barrage.

However, I also must stress that a lot of the artillery HA ratings have remained similar and indirect fire is still effective against light armor. The result there seems to be a realistic balance; light armor still takes casualties and medium and heavy armor suffers disruption or fatigue with the only real threat they worry about is other tanks, TDs, AT guns and airstrikes. But I will keep an eye on it.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2006, 01:43 PM,
TET2,

No problem. :)

I think you will also find that the soviet armor is a bit more effective in the K43 ALT now... but I think the question is always how effective is too effective.
Send this user an email
06-10-2006, 01:53 PM,
As for the light armored car / recon units... a slight defensive boost might be in order but I need to do some experiments first.
Send this user an email