• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Who would like to see an archive of HPS PzC tactical tips?
06-08-2006, 07:19 AM,
Who would like to see an archive of HPS PzC tactical tips?
One of the things I enjoy most about crusing this message board is coming across good tips for getting the most out of the HPS PzC system. An excellent example of this is the great post by Ricky B in the Stalingrad City Hex thread. Unfortunately, as I bemoaned in that thread, these tactical pearls of wisdom are eventually lost to us over time. These tips are a great boon to newbies and others, like myself, who are still trying to master the system.
I know that the G2 - Intel has a forum for articles for various game systems but in the 1 1/2 years I've been a member of the Blitz I've never seen an article posted for HPS Operational Campaigns. Considering the large amount of useful advice that passes through the OPS Message Board, it's a shame that none of it translates to permanent articles that can be accessed over time.
I've been trying to think of ways to encourage contibutions to this forum. One idea is to appoint an editor who could intiate threads suggesting possible topics (i.e. how to force a river crossing, the proper deployment of AT guns, etc.). He could then take the resulting feedback and condense it into an article for the G2 - Intel forum. The editor might also see a post that he thinks would make a good article and ask the author for permission to reprint it as an article or perhaps ask the author if he would minding expanding a post to a full length article. The post by Ricky B is the Stalingrad City Hex thread I mentioned earlier would be a good example of this.
Do any of you guys and gals (if there are any in our community) see any merit in this suggestion? Would you be willing to sit down and hammer out the odd article or initiate a thread? I'd be glad to try my hand at editor if it would help get the words flowing.
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2006, 08:54 AM,
RE: Who would like to see an archive of HPS PzC tactical tips?
I think in principle it is a great idea, i have also noticed that there are no PzC articles here, even though there are great ones at Glenn's site :)

Before we get carried away maybe we should run this past Steel God first to get his stamp of approval? (he is on holiday at the moment) ;)

Anybody else have an opinion?
06-08-2006, 08:57 AM,
However we do it would be great. I am nearly positive my article on attacking fortified positions was there at one point, but maybe I am wrong and the formatting caused a problem so it wasn't easy to add. I don't remember now. Anyway, the more the better, I am sure.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
06-08-2006, 09:11 AM,
For my .02.

I think Glenn's site is a better repository than here. This is a great site for discussion, finding players, etc., but trying to find information on this site is tough as there is a lot more hosted here than just PZC unlike Glenn's site. Additionally, Glenn's site is well known around the community and you might get more input / traffic from people who may predominately use other boards also go to and know of Glenn's site.

Thanks,

Dave
06-08-2006, 09:40 AM,
Would it be easier to locate the preferred info if the main index page of the articles area listed the games instead of game reviews, history &, strategy articles etc?

Then each Game / Ladder would have its own index page to point to the revelant articles.

Feedback is worth leaving at as the Blitz can change to be better :)

06-08-2006, 12:34 PM,
As an alternative (a quick one), you can try any conceivable situation by building a custom scn or playing one of the many already asembled. I think this is quick and very useful as "nothing is better than practice" for this matter... All my conclusions about this system have come this way, by practicing it. Maybe a somewhat overlooked embeded capability of these games.

cheers
06-10-2006, 12:16 AM,
There are articles for this ladder community in the Blitz database. For some reason they aren't showing. I suspect a link was broken when we renamed the ladder a while back to OpC. We'll look into it and get it fixed.

And for the record, not only will we place member written articles into the archives and make them available to players, we encourage it by rewarding ladder bonus points to members who do it. So write away and send them in. All approved articles earn you a ladder bonus.

Paul
06-10-2006, 01:34 AM,
The disconnect has been corrected and all 10 of the existing articles in our database now show up under the Section: G-2 Intel; Articles; Strategy Articles as they should.

There is one more thing to fix, and that is when submitting a new article the drop down menu should allow a selection of HPS Operational Campaigns, but currently only says Panzer Campaigns. if anyone has something to submit go ahead and use that drop down selection and I can correct it manually until the menu selection can be corrected.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Paul
06-11-2006, 11:44 AM,
Thanks for the quick fix, Steel God. I hope members feel encouraged to contribute.
06-11-2006, 12:06 PM,
Steel God Wrote:the drop down menu should allow a selection of HPS Operational Campaigns, but currently only says Panzer Campaigns.
Paul

This is fixed as well
cheers