• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Foot units with speed 10km/h
06-08-2006, 06:44 AM,
Foot units with speed 10km/h
In M41 I discovered that 72nd Sep Engineer/29th Army Troops/29th Army/Kalinin Front, a Eng (w) unit, is treated as foot unit but with a speed of 10km/h.
I opened OoB editor and found that other Army Troops in 29th Army have the same properties.
Is this correct or not?

Regards
Panagiotis
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2006, 08:30 AM,
RE: Foot units with speed 10km/h
HMG + 10-3 Wrote:In M41 I discovered that 72nd Sep Engineer/29th Army Troops/29th Army/Kalinin Front, a Eng (w) unit, is treated as foot unit but with a speed of 10km/h.
I opened OoB editor and found that other Army Troops in 29th Army have the same properties.
Is this correct or not?

Regards
Panagiotis

Looks like the unit should either be Mot or the Speed should be reduced - I'll have to check which case is correct. The game default image makes it look like the unit is a foot unit, but Army level troops normally have transport - but thisis the Soviets in 1940.

Anyway - I'll look into it and resolve the situation in the next update.

Glenn
Send this user an email
06-08-2006, 01:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-09-2006, 12:58 PM by Glenn Saunders.)
I looked at this and corrected the Speed to 4km - the file is attached and it contains another change I made earlier and something minor on the other OOB too, These files will be in the next update but if you want them now I will attach them.

Glenn

+++SEE ZIP in the newer POST
Send this user an email
06-08-2006, 07:31 PM,
Thanks Glenn for your immediate response.

Regards
Panagiotis
06-09-2006, 03:03 AM,
Glenn,

The changes to the OOB you made have the following effects (so far, checking only in the Moscow.oob):

1) The 10th Panzer division Pioneer unit has no associated image. It's wanting to use "Pioneer (Mot)(-)" which has no bitmap. A simple copy of "Pioneer (Mot)" fixed this.

2) The 638 Legion des Voluntaires Francais, which heretofore was an SS unit, now has no nation specified. Thus, only the units' NATO symbol shows up on the map. I'm guessing that there is some other work in progress with this unit you haven't included. It's specified to use "Mot Inf" image which doesn't exist. If I change the nation to German, and work through the companies to make them use "41 Mot Inf" then their values change (number of men, etc.) to be standard German army. If I make them German-SS and use "SS Mot Inf" their values stay the same, so for my current game I've set them to be German-SS and use the SS Mot Inf image.

Also, Glenn, do you remember the question on the 41st Panzer Corps HQ having a soft range of 8 rather than 15 as all other Panzer Corps HQs are? Now would be a good time to address that, too.
06-09-2006, 12:24 PM,
Jazman Wrote:Glenn,

The changes to the OOB you made have the following effects (so far, checking only in the Moscow.oob):

Sorry about that - had forgotten those other changes. I guess that is why it might be best to wait for the HPS patch or correct them yourself.

Jazman Wrote:Also, Glenn, do you remember the question on the 41st Panzer Corps HQ having a soft range of 8 rather than 15 as all other Panzer Corps HQs are? Now would be a good time to address that, too.

Any time is a good time to look at something you think is out of place. I don't recall the question but if you send me a BTL file I will be happy to look.

Glenn
Send this user an email
06-09-2006, 12:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-09-2006, 12:59 PM by Glenn Saunders.)
Jazman Wrote:Also, Glenn, do you remember the question on the 41st Panzer Corps HQ having a soft range of 8 rather than 15 as all other Panzer Corps HQs are? Now would be a good time to address that, too.

Found it and fixed it and corrected the other things.

Here is the file for those who want it now.

Glenn

Attached Files
.zip   Moscow_41.zip (Size: 113.95 KB / Downloads: 4)
Send this user an email
06-09-2006, 01:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-09-2006, 01:16 PM by Jazman.)
Thanks for the fixes, Glenn. Hmm, Vichy French. Interesting wrinkle*. I bet they were wondering what they were doing there in the bitter cold. Cheap vodka was not quite the fare they were used to.

* Vichy French, eh? Grist for the mill!
06-09-2006, 01:33 PM,
Jazman Wrote:Thanks for the fixes, Glenn. Hmm, Vichy French. Interesting wrinkle*. I bet they were wondering what they were doing there in the bitter cold. Cheap vodka was not quite the fare they were used to.

* Vichy French, eh? Grist for the mill!

Well - they got added for color - I got a book at Christmas time on SS Foreign Divisions and as I recall someone had a website.

Personally I love other colored units - but John isn't a big fan.

Anyway - I am sure there will be those who take hints in everything so I'll muddy the waters by sayng the game I have in front of me now in Developments has no Vichy Troops<G>

Glenn
Send this user an email