• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Kursk 43 updated art pack (and ALT scenarios)
06-07-2006, 11:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-07-2006, 11:49 AM by Volcano Man.)
RE: Kursk 43 updated art pack (and ALT scenarios)
I had never known or seen any artillery in PzC that was very effective against bunkers... mortars and HW units had always been the best choice. Besides, you will find that large caliber AT guns, HAA guns, tank destroyers and the larger tanks are realistically effective enough now to take out bunkers.

Yes, airstrikes were not changed, these were good enough for me. Besides, these are pretty much the biggest guestimation in the series anways, they are often changed to create a historical result.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2006, 11:54 AM,
Just downloaded the new update. The "new" unit box artwork kind of threw me off for a bit Eek but after a few turns it grew on me. Thanks again for all of your work on this series of games.:) Can't wait for the S42 art pack to be released...remember the kid from the old Heinz ketchup commercials - "Anticipation, it's makin' me wait".Big Grin
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
06-07-2006, 01:12 PM,
Great work Volcanic One!

Question - any plans to adapt your new unit values to, say, N44? I love the idea that tanks now need to have infantry along to be of any use in built up areas. All too often in N44 you saw all-tank stacks leading the charge through heavy bocage, cities, etc.
06-07-2006, 11:29 PM,
Yes, I am in the process of putting the values in T41, N44, MG44, K42 ALT scenarios if it is deemed that these are a good thing. After that I will probably create ALT scenarios for the rest of the games as well.
Send this user an email
06-08-2006, 05:23 AM,
Will Smolensk also get the upgrades?

I'm going there right after hitting the post button.

Thanks for all the work ... I have all my games with your artwork.

Hank
06-08-2006, 02:41 PM,
Sure, it is possible that I will take the smolensk revised campaign and use the values... I just want to make sure people like it first before I devote too much time on it.

Send this user an email
06-09-2006, 11:35 PM,
I've been playing the kursk alt sce's. They are very interesting ... I like the changes in most cases. IMHO the tweeks to firing ranges and assault and defense values makes perfect sense to me. (I assume the effect of firing at targets multiple hexes away deminishes with distance. Is that a fair assumption? i.e., an 88mm firing at a unit 4 hexes away has less chance of kills than firing at a target one hex away)

i haven't updated my artwork in a while so I forgot some of the packs have background art for the unit boxes. I change those back to the graded plain jane background because for my old aging eyes, the excellent vehicle/soldier images get a little lost in the background art ... but then art is a very subjective thing ... just my opinion.

I'm all for making the changes to all alt sce's.

thanks for your work ... Hank
06-10-2006, 12:41 AM,
You are correct. It is reduced by 1/3 for each hex beyond 1, unless it is a desert PzC in which case the fire is not reduced (to model exceptional LOS).

Also, you mention the info box art. Those were created by Thomas Wulfes and many liked them so I threw them in. But if you look in the folder I have created a backup of the previous ones that had the plain boxes with various emblems in them. But you are right, it is very subjective.
Send this user an email