• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Kursk campaign
06-06-2006, 02:45 AM,
New Kursk campaign
Its been a long time in the making but i am now at v4 which i hope will be the last . O played V3 and won as both sides .

In my version of Kursk V4

Military principle .
Open mobile combat should suit the Germans , at Kursk this was not possible ( at least initially ) . The Germans were still masters of mobile warfare in Summer 43 .
Static attrition was what the Russians wanted and needed to halt the Germans , though they too were getting better at mobile ops as would be seen later in the year . Bearing these principles in mind ...I have addressed the following issues

Almost no Russian units are fixed except the strategic reserve. This is an essential amendment . Other Strategic units release a little earlier .

There are some VP locations in German hands in the North , the Russians can make a play for them if the Germans strip this units out .

The defences in general are much tougher , terrain defensive values are slightly higher . For instance Russian 76mm gun strong point in the open B morale 16/2 hard attack -60 defence +40 attack

The supply issue will become important on day three as it did mostly to The Germans

Russian air is a little better

Added stockpiling for artillery , this makes the Russian guns pretty powerful . It was the guns that stopped most of the Northern attack I understand

Some Russian units have raised morale all AT guns are better , better morale and much better defensive positions better killing power .

Many OOB amendments but no units were added or deleted

Having said all this the German units are tougher than the stock version and IF the Germans can gain the open ground in good order the Russians will get a beating

The scenario will be sent to Glenn later make sure you get Version 4

Kind regards

Michael

Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2006, 01:24 AM,
RE: New Kursk campaign
OK , I have just sent V4 to Paul and Glenn .
If you would like me to send to you dirsect drop me a line but i will be away until Monday

[email protected]

Michael
06-07-2006, 05:37 AM,
cavalry corps Wrote:OK , I have just sent V4 to Paul and Glenn .
If you would like me to send to you dirsect drop me a line but i will be away until Monday

[email protected]

Michael

...and it is up there for download now if you want to get it. You find it at:

http://members.shaw.ca/gcsaunders/downloads3.html#K43

With any luck this link will get yo to the Kursk Section on the page, but if not:

http://members.shaw.ca/gcsaunders/downloads3.html

...this one will get you to the page and you will have to scroll to find it.

Glenn
Send this user an email
06-10-2006, 02:12 AM,

Hi Mike Does your update on the campaign do anything with the German replacement rate 6 percent which is way out of the realm of reality because by 43 once a German Soldier became food for the worms there was not that many Germans to bring units up to 100 percent strength is seen German units in this about worn down to a 100 or so men but pull them out of line for around 10 or so turns and they are about up to strength again.The Soviet Replacement rate is out of kitler on the Stock game 2 percent
06-10-2006, 06:01 PM,
North Sector German Luftflotte 6 Missing?
06-11-2006, 04:19 AM,
The scenario is now available for download through the Blitz Scenarioo section as well.

Thanks Mike.

Paul
06-13-2006, 03:08 AM,
HI, I have been away sorry , i am looking at the air in the game soonest but in my v3 i have no problems and everything was ok
m
06-13-2006, 03:37 AM,
06-13-2006, 03:41 AM,
Make sure you can see the targets

I just checked and all the air is in place
Make sure you did upgrade the oob scn and pdt files , if not mail me and i will send you the game again and thanks for taking the interest

[email protected]

Regards
michael
06-13-2006, 03:48 AM,
Landser34 Wrote:Hi Mike Does your update on the campaign do anything with the German replacement rate 6 percent which is way out of the realm of reality because by 43 once a German Soldier became food for the worms there was not that many Germans to bring units up to 100 percent strength is seen German units in this about worn down to a 100 or so men but pull them out of line for around 10 or so turns and they are about up to strength again.The Soviet Replacement rate is out of kitler on the Stock game 2 percent

Hi, Its a fair comment and I thought about it . I never got round to changing it i guess .

The way I looked at this was that in Kursk its a short time period and all available walking wounded and FE Units would have been used up , The Germans were pretty good atr this sort of thing. Perhaps the Ruskies could be a little more . The casualties in my game will be more than the stock, i do not think axis units will recover to full strength .

Michael