• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Alternate art packs question.
06-03-2006, 10:05 PM,
Alternate art packs question.
I have just snagged myself a copy of PANZER CAMPAIGNS: KHARKOV '42 on ebay and i was browsing around the web and found a website that has alternate art packs for download. They look very professional indeed but it says that both players in an PBEM game must have the pack installed for it to work correctly. Do many on the Blitz use these art packs, because it would be a real shame not to use them.

They can be found here...

http://members.shaw.ca/gcsaunders/downloads4_VM.html

TTFN Matt
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2006, 10:57 PM,
RE: Alternate art packs question.
Hi Matt,

Welcome to the owners of the games! On the art packs, many players do use them, they are a major topic around here :-). Regarding the need for them, they generally are NOT required for both players but some odd things can happen in some of the games if both players don't have them. I don't believe Kharkov '42 would have any issues, for example, but if you are playing and things aren't showing up for your opponent as they should, it could be a sign of an OOB change that doesn't prevent the game from running correctly, but some things might not show up, then as long as the player without the art pack installs it, all should be well.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
06-04-2006, 01:04 AM,
The Kharkov art pack has alternate scenarios; they are extras, they don't overwrite the stock scenarios. If you play one of the Alt scenarios from the Art Pack both sides need the pack installed. Otherwise it's not an issue if you're playing the stock scenarios.

Read the word document that comes with the art pack to see what Volcano Man has modified.
06-04-2006, 01:13 AM,
Thanks for the tips guys. cheers

I shall download the art pack ASAP. I'm already looking at some of the other games, Normandy, Bulge or even Salerno as that one has Crete, then i can use my beloved Fallschirmjager. :whis:

Happy gaming everyone.

TTFN Matt
06-04-2006, 02:42 AM,
Fubar Wrote:Thanks for the tips guys. cheers

I shall download the art pack ASAP. I'm already looking at some of the other games, Normandy, Bulge or even Salerno as that one has Crete, then i can use my beloved Fallschirmjager. :whis:

Happy gaming everyone.

TTFN Matt

The real issue around ART packs being used with scns is changes to NATIONS in the OOB file included in the Art pack. But the art packs shouldn't change the DEFAULT OOB file - they should have their own.

Here is an example. Lets say someone makes a Scn or Art Pack for Bulge. B44 was game #5 and at the time there was SS and German units but "Luftwaffe" was not a nation so Luftwaffe units had to be German colored in 2d.

"Luftwaffe" was added in MG44 which was PzC #9 (?) and the game supports this nation now. So if the Art changed AA Units to Luftwaffe and if play#1 started a Scn the "Luftwaffe" Nation units would be in the BTL file. If Player #2 opens the file - doesn't have the art pack, so his game doesn't have a "Luftwaffe" folder in the Bulge game, then you can see where there might be some odd effects.

Glenn
Send this user an email