• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Any way to disable startup sequence?
06-02-2006, 05:24 PM,
Any way to disable startup sequence?
Hey there grognardians, I was wondering if there's a way to stop the intro "movie" (well splash sequence) from blowing my ears off every time I start up. No, I don't mean by turning the volume down, but by disabling the darned thing.

Oh, and another question: as someone who has tinkered with COW for a while but who usually just takes the "All units attack! Ignore losses! Sacrifice yourselves for the evil Development Director!" approach to combat, are there any annotated walkthroughs (like chess games) around on the net that will teach me how to do it right?

Many thanks, and may your grog never be nard,

(_8(0)
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2006, 05:59 PM,
RE: Any way to disable startup sequence?
To get rid of the intro movies, you can select View > Options > Intro Cinematic > Do Not Play. Or, you can add right after your shorcut command line (the target field of the shortcut properties) the -nointro and -nodelay tags. The shortcut target will look more or less like this (provided you've installed the game to its default directory): "C:\Program Files\TalonSoft\TOAW-CW\Opart 300 CW.exe" -nointro -nodelay

As for tips and annoted walkthroughs, there's the TOAW FAQ and several annotated tutorials by General Staff in the Articles section at SZO.

Hope it helps

Marc
Fais ce que dois.
Send this user an email
06-02-2006, 08:29 PM,
RE: Any way to disable startup sequence?
Fantastic, thanks a million.

(_8(0)