• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Why Should we test Scenarios at H2H Productions??
05-21-2006, 02:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-20-2006, 08:30 PM by Mr Grumpy.)
c_Question Mark  Why Should we test Scenarios at H2H Productions??
Gent's,
As nobody more talented than myself has come forward i, have been appointed as the H2H Productions representative for this forum.
I case you have missed Steel God's earlier post, Bootie & Raz have revamped the H2H Productions section & now if is down to me to try & get our community to contribute to it.
So why should we bother..........:conf:
I assume that like me most players are here to enjoy the human challenge of H2H PBEM play, rather than slaughtering the inept AI, but there is a problem...........:hissy:
In the older titles HPS tested their scenarios against the AI which has the unfortunate result of some very unbalanced scenarios for PBEM (a trip to the scenario stats section will prove this point).
In the newer titles Glenn Saunders team has produced some excellent H2H versions of scenarios, but still time pressures mean there is not a H2H version of every scenario. So what is the answer when you want to play a non H2H scenario, just put up with this or play two mirrored games where each player takes turns to slaughter the other??
No, what we need is for the talented designers on this forum to post balanced scenarios at H2H productions & then us players to test the scenarios to ensure they meet a set standard for balanced play, then they can be released to the community & we can all enjoy the challenge of a knife edge game every time.
There is now a healthy list of scenarios for most titles at G4-Supply H2H Productions & i will be looking for players to test these for balance, but we need more scenarios coming forward (of all sizes) for all titles, players will be awarded ladder points in recognition of their efforts (go to H2H for more details).
So come on people, lets try & get this off the ground..................Big Grin

Any questions that are not answered in the H2H FAO section can be sent to Bootie (head of section) or myself.

Regards,Darran.
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2006, 03:34 AM,
RE: Important Reading For All Players!!
Oh Really? This more than anything explains why some of the scenarios are so out of whack when it comes to victory conditions.

HPS test almost all their scenarios against the AI (as H2H takes to long) & set the victory conditions based on those results, so when we try to play these games against a human opponent all to often the scenario is very one sided, a trip to the scenario stats section will prove this point.
05-21-2006, 03:35 AM,
RE: Important Reading For All Players!!
Thanks for doing this Darran. A great service to the community.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]