• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Some CMx1 ideas I ponder
02-11-2021, 08:07 PM,
Some CMx1 ideas I ponder
Dear CMx1 Players!

Currently I think it over if I revive respectively finish some of my older ideas for CMx1. I´d like to know if there would be interest to participate in this ideas. Here a short list what I speak of:

01. Revival of the FFT (Fast and Furious Tournament)
02. Restart of RAW (Rats and Wolves Campaign)
03. Restart of BIC (Battle Isles Campaign)

01. About the Fast and Furious Tournament (CMAK and CMBB necessary)
The battles are fought mirrored. The results follow an own point calculation what is really easy and will get added against each other. There would be 6 or 7 scenarios whereof one is to fight every month/4 weeks. The scenarios are about 400 x 400 metres and sometimes up to 2000 x 2000 metres. But that is very rare and I think this time there would be no such a huge scenario. There would be a monthly winner (best player of the month) and an overall winner (best player via average of his results for the entire tournament).

02. About the Rats and Wolves Campaign (mainly CMBB)
This time I would try to hold the calculating I have to do very low. In general RAW is about upgrade and gain experience for Your troops over battles which cover the entire time of WW2. You had to deal with coins and slots and would get some prestige for every battle. These 3 things are the main difference to a common CMx1 game.

03. About the Battle Isles Campaign (CMBB only)
How the name says it goes about fighting for and conquering of isles. It follows a bit the famous original Battle Isle game. There are 12 isles and 4 players who fight for the domination and annihilation of the other side (2 players as axis and 2 as allies). As well as in RAW You can level up Your troops and they gain experience with every battle. But the level up follows a "Tech-Tree" so You can´t choose from all units and troops CMBB provides.

That as a short overview. Let me know what You think!

Greetings
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2021, 10:12 AM,
RE: Some CMx1 ideas I ponder
Sempai,
I replied privately as well but wanted to let you know that I'd be into this if it gains traction. You are a fantastic tournament organizer and I still love the old school CM!
02-19-2021, 07:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-07-2021, 05:24 AM by Sempai.)
Thank You for the praise, Skookin!

So far the following players would join the concerning format:

FFT - Fast & Furious Tournament - as many players as possible
- Skookin
- Stoffel
- John Silver
- Owl
- Bart74
- Bert Blitzkrieg
- Glenn Christopherson
- Boss351
- Sphinx ???

RAW - Rats & Wolves (Campaign) - 4 or 6 players
- Skookin
- Stoffel
- Bart74
- Bert Blitzkrieg
- Boss351
- Yama
- Sphinx ???

RAW - Replacement Players:

BIC - Battle Isles Campaign - 4 players
- Skookin
- Stoffel
- Bart74
- Bert Blitzkrieg

BIC - Replacement Players
- Boss351
- Yama
- Sphinx ???

Maybe we get the old chaps together from before a few years. Would be great.

Greetings
02-19-2021, 10:47 PM,
Is that myself as John with a ? 1 and 2 look interesting if it is me in question. Taking in a new game that is played here at Blitz tho in Tiller Campaign series. Rank beginner at it actually, but TankKiller is showing me the ropes to play competitively here.

I'd be more than willing to join one of those if duty called.
02-20-2021, 02:13 AM,
Thank You, JohnSilver! I´m not sure You are the John comrade Skookin mentioned. But it´s nice You like to follow 2 of the 3 formats.

Greetings
02-20-2021, 05:17 AM,
I take the free slot of the Fast and Furious.
Owl
02-20-2021, 11:33 AM,
(02-20-2021, 02:13 AM)Sempai Wrote: Thank You, JohnSilver! I´m not sure You are the John comrade Skookin mentioned. But it´s nice You like to follow 2 of the 3 formats.

Greetings

NP. Let me just join 1 of them tho. Currently play 5CM1 games at a time and multiple turns daily, plus the Tiller, it keeps me fairly busy. How about myself just joining the fast and Furious for now if you don't mind?

JS
02-20-2021, 08:39 PM,
That´s fine with me as well! So FFT only it is.

Greetings
02-20-2021, 08:44 PM,
Hi, I can try all three :-) Sign me in! :-)
02-21-2021, 03:52 AM,
Great! So we could start with FFT if I have finished a few preparations yet. Thank You, Bart!

Greetings