• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Panzer Campaigns Features & call for Manuals Updates
11-26-2020, 01:30 AM,
RE: New Panzer Campaigns Features & call for Manuals Updates
Just a thought but as the unit is "BROKEN" it surely cannot move towards, only away from the enemy....hence the option of south or south west ?
"I may not agree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it"
Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2020, 02:28 AM,
(11-26-2020, 01:30 AM)devoncop Wrote: Just a thought but as the unit is "BROKEN" it surely cannot move towards, only away from the enemy....hence the option of south or south west ?

I think so as well but where does it say this in the manual? I've looked but can't see it?
11-26-2020, 04:13 PM,
(11-26-2020, 02:28 AM)Plain Ian Wrote:
(11-26-2020, 01:30 AM)devoncop Wrote: Just a thought but as the unit is "BROKEN" it surely cannot move towards, only away from the enemy....hence the option of south or south west ?

I think so as well but where does it say this in the manual? I've looked but can't see it?

I can't find it either, so it may need to be added. I would swear it used to be in there, but may have gotten lost at some point. That is in the User manual, I don't think it would be in the others.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
11-26-2020, 04:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-26-2020, 05:22 PM by Green.)
The User manual does say that;

"A Disrupted unit takes 3 times the normal movement cost to move closer to a spotted enemy unit."

This was news to me but perhaps this applies to Broken units as well? Regardless it would seem reasonable to assume it would be the same or worse for Broken units. My guess is worse.

Edit: Having done a quick test it does not appear that Disrupted units do actually have a 3 times movement cost to move towards a spotted enemy so I am unsure what this wording is meant to mean. But it does appear that Broken units are simply prevented from moving towards a spotted enemy. However, as it was only a quick test there may be something subtle I have missed.
11-29-2020, 10:00 AM,
(11-26-2020, 04:57 PM)Green Wrote: The User manual does say that;

"A Disrupted unit takes 3 times the normal movement cost to move closer to a spotted enemy unit."

This was news to me but perhaps this applies to Broken units as well? Regardless it would seem reasonable to assume it would be the same or worse for Broken units. My guess is worse.

Edit: Having done a quick test it does not appear that Disrupted units do actually have a 3 times movement cost to move towards a spotted enemy so I am unsure what this wording is meant to mean. But it does appear that Broken units are simply prevented from moving towards a spotted enemy. However, as it was only a quick test there may be something subtle I have missed.

I was under the impression that this rule only applied to the FWWCs.
11-29-2020, 08:13 PM,
This change was developed during FWWC testing and was rolled out to all the FWWC and PzC titles when they were last updated.
11-29-2020, 08:39 PM,
(11-29-2020, 08:13 PM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: This change was developed during FWWC testing and was rolled out to all the FWWC and PzC titles when they were last updated.

If you are referring to the 3x movement cost, it does not appear to have been rolled out for PzC yet. Not that I have checked every title but I cannot find it in those I have, including Scheldt '44. And anyway, it had been some time since most PzC games were last updated. Perhaps I am misunderstanding something?
11-30-2020, 07:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-30-2020, 07:34 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
I was sure David said in one of his blog's that the modified disruption movement was going to be included in the PzC Gold upgrade and the fact others have said it is included in the manual seemed to confirm that fact, but if it does not work like that in practise then maybe that didn't happen  Rolling Eyes

The idea of the modified disrupted movement was to encourage players to retreat rather than hold ground until it was too late and have units trapped, we were seeing a lot of this in FWWC, so disrupted units were given full movement allowance on day turns (rather than 2/3) but to prevent players taking advantage of this change to move forward, movement towards a spotted enemy unit was increased by x3.

At least I can with certainly this is how it works in FWWC!
11-30-2020, 08:37 AM,
(11-30-2020, 07:34 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: I was sure David said in one of his blog's that the modified disruption movement was going to be included in the PzC Gold upgrade and the fact others have said it is included in the manual seemed to confirm that fact, but if it does not work like that in practise then maybe that didn't happen  Rolling Eyes

The idea of the modified disrupted movement was to encourage players to retreat rather than hold ground until it was too late and have units trapped, we were seeing a lot of this in FWWC, so disrupted units were given full movement allowance on day turns (rather than 2/3) but to prevent players taking advantage of this change to move forward, movement towards a spotted enemy unit was increased by x3.

At least I can with certainly this is how it works in FWWC!

Perhaps it will be in the next round of PzC updates? It was not mentioned in the User Manual accompanying the Gold releases but has suddenly appeared in the latest revised version.
11-30-2020, 02:29 PM,
I believe a different variation of the disruption movement was implemented for PzC. Units no longer lose movement points when disrupted, similar to FWWC, but they aren't penalized for moving toward enemy units.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]