• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTCS v2.0 — Likes and Dislikes
03-02-2014, 10:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2014, 11:01 PM by Crossroads.)
RE: JTCS v2.0 — Likes and Dislikes
Option menu is to be equipped with a "No Toolbar" option as well. From the Matrix forums (see my link in my previous post):

[Image: ToolbarNoneClassicStandard.jpg]

FYI: the Russian unit base mismatch visible here (selected / not selected the wrong way around) is being fixed as well.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2014, 11:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2014, 11:38 PM by Kool Kat.)
Hey Petri: Smoke7

So the Matrix Development Team is working on three (3) icon menu options? Idea2

(1.) None
(2.) Classic
(3.) Standard

AND

Toggle option to increase the size of the icon menu (Standard) - correct?

If so... that is a fantastic and much appreciated response to the JTCS Community! Big Grin

So... I assume a JTCS v2.1 "quick fix" is in the works and will be released shortly? Idea2

Really appreciate how you guys are staying engaged and being receptive to players' input! Maracas
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
03-02-2014, 11:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-03-2014, 12:01 AM by Crossroads.)
Thank you ! We aim to please Helmet Smile

Yes, a patch is in the making. As for Toolbar variations, there's more intel coming out soon I would expect.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
03-03-2014, 02:20 AM,
Hello All,

Is the toolbar option available somewhere yet or in development?

I find the new toolbar a bit too small for me.

Thanx!

Hawk
03-03-2014, 03:17 AM,
Well I did the update against my better judgement and I guess my main dislike is the thing WON'T LAUNCH ANY GAMES. No EF; no WF; and no RS. Just sits there with that damn stupid radio static. Guess I now have to do another install and then remove all the scenarios I neither want nor ever play. I KNEW THIS WOULD END UP BEING MORE TIME CONSUMING THAN I WANTED.

Maybe I'll just call it quits for everything game ,,,,,, club ,,,,, the whole ball of wax.

A thoroughly disgusted and frustrated von Earlmann

That's a polite of saying I'm pissed!
03-03-2014, 04:35 AM,
That's what happend to me when I tried to change the destination folder so as to have both versions. I ended up just running the update again, and just letting it install in it's default folder. It worked.
03-03-2014, 04:44 AM,
(03-03-2014, 03:17 AM)Von Earlmann Wrote: Well I did the update against my better judgement and I guess my main dislike is the thing WON'T LAUNCH ANY GAMES. No EF; no WF; and no RS. Just sits there with that damn stupid radio static. Guess I now have to do another install and then remove all the scenarios I neither want nor ever play. I KNEW THIS WOULD END UP BEING MORE TIME CONSUMING THAN I WANTED.

Maybe I'll just call it quits for everything game ,,,,,, club ,,,,, the whole ball of wax.

I had a similar issue and I had to install visual c++ package suggested by Berto.

Anyway I kept 1.04 so can still offer a game with the old setup
03-03-2014, 05:12 AM,
(03-03-2014, 04:44 AM)PawelM Wrote:
(03-03-2014, 03:17 AM)Von Earlmann Wrote: Well I did the update against my better judgement and I guess my main dislike is the thing WON'T LAUNCH ANY GAMES. No EF; no WF; and no RS. Just sits there with that damn stupid radio static. Guess I now have to do another install and then remove all the scenarios I neither want nor ever play. I KNEW THIS WOULD END UP BEING MORE TIME CONSUMING THAN I WANTED.

I had a similar issue and I had to install visual c++ package suggested by Berto.

Anyway I kept 1.04 so can still offer a game with the old setup

I finally got it done and it actually works.............found Pawels post concerning the same thing and did another install with Microsoft updates..........this technology world is going to be the death of me.
I did manage to save most of my scenarios I think..........getting tired so will look around more later.
03-03-2014, 05:15 AM,
Hawk: not yet available. In the next patch.

VE: sorry to hear of your troubles. Are you on XP? There is a domino effect of Microsoft's decision to drive the OS down I am afraid. Now as the game is compiled to support W7 and W8 the C++ distributable needs to be added to XP if they were not there yet. Some of the XP users already had them via some other app, some of them didn't.

XP users are more or less screwed now I am afraid. One example was the non-availability of latest Internet Explorer browsers for the OS. There will be more and more stuff that just won't run there. Needless to say, that sucks. :(

At least with the current MS compilere Berto has been able to have the game available for XP as well. That is good news at least.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
03-03-2014, 06:56 AM,
(03-03-2014, 05:15 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Hawk: not yet available. In the next patch.

VE: sorry to hear of your troubles. Are you on XP? There is a domino effect of Microsoft's decision to drive the OS down I am afraid. Now as the game is compiled to support W7 and W8 the C++ distributable needs to be added to XP if they were not there yet. Some of the XP users already had them via some other app, some of them didn't.

XP users are more or less screwed now I am afraid. One example was the non-availability of latest Internet Explorer browsers for the OS. There will be more and more stuff that just won't run there. Needless to say, that sucks. :(

At least with the current MS compilere Berto has been able to have the game available for XP as well. That is good news at least.

I am on windows 7 now :-)