• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Old Bolt stuff
01-15-2010, 07:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2010, 07:36 AM by P.Ako.)
RE: Bolt out of the Blue 4.5
I've done a Belgian Leopard I BE which i think is slightly better than the actual one, take a a look please....

BTW, what do you think about the previous one? the M48A2G2?

Attached Files
.bmp   Leopard 1BE.bmp (Size: 41.95 KB / Downloads: 23)
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2010, 07:59 AM,
(01-15-2010, 07:35 AM)P.Ako Wrote: I've done a Belgian Leopard I BE which i think is slightly better than the actual one, take a a look please....

You mean this one

[attachment=2629]
Rangers Lead the Way
01-15-2010, 05:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2010, 05:16 PM by P.Ako.)
(01-15-2010, 07:59 AM)tazaaron Wrote:
(01-15-2010, 07:35 AM)P.Ako Wrote: I've done a Belgian Leopard I BE which i think is slightly better than the actual one, take a a look please....

You mean this one

Yes but also this other one

EDIT: Lol ok, i get it.... XD

Attached Files
.bmp   M48A2G2.bmp (Size: 41.65 KB / Downloads: 16)
01-15-2010, 06:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2010, 06:58 PM by Aaron.)
When it comes to art there going to use whatever they want to use, i include whatever i think looks best but in the end alot of people wont like that, i havnt had to much problem in that department with what i made and about 5 others that are also included but the good thing is you can mod it. Your icons are looking good but still need some improvement, make a whole series of icons than post them up. I tell it like it is, u either hate me or love me

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
01-15-2010, 09:15 PM,
Yes, you're right, your Belgian Leopard I has... better resolution? while mine is blurry... and the M48A2G2 still can be improved much better...

BTW i found a M60A1 from the 4th marine regiment or Btn (i don't remember it right now) in the 80s would you like to see it?
01-16-2010, 03:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-16-2010, 06:21 AM by Aaron.)
Yes ill take a look at it. It depends where you get the picture that decides what is best on how to convert it, most of mine come from pdf format from a certain series of books which i wont mention but we know what they are but the whole secret to clearer resolution is to shrink the actual pdf page to the size you want and then grab it, if you grab it and then shrink it thats when you start losing resolution, its hard at first but after shrinking the page 10 times you can pretty much shrink all of them using the same percentage and start turning out icons every 5 minutes.

Another thing i almost always have to do is darken it, take your M-48 for example its to white, put it in photoshop click enhance at the top then adjust lighting and finally brightness/contrast and darken it with the brightness slider, i have to do that with almost every icon i make.

Aaron

Heres 2 pics i did a couple nights ago using an actual photos of the Austrian FAN network, actual pics are the hardest to convert over and i wouldnt recommend it unless you have an hour to spare for each one and thats after you learn how to do it, while the turret photo looks good the inf one looks a little off because its a real pic of a MG turret but not of the soldier so it gives it a little off feeling but checking it in game it looks great when the background is added so ive kept it.[attachment=2631][attachment=2632]
Rangers Lead the Way
01-17-2010, 03:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-24-2010, 11:48 PM by P.Ako.)
^Personally i prefer the old ones...

About the M60, take a look...

EDIT: I can't attach files! i'm with IE8 and my attachement is only at 8% >-(

Attached Files
.bmp   M-60.bmp (Size: 343.83 KB / Downloads: 21)
01-24-2010, 11:51 PM,
Hey! i've done it! i'va attached the M-60, look my previous post.

the accompanied text was:

A USMC M60A1 of the 4th Marine tank battalion at fort Irwin, California during 1984. Scheme is black sand (FS30277), field drab (FS30118) and earth yellow (FS30257)
02-03-2010, 11:32 PM,
Sorry for my bad english.

Much German Army/ Bundeswehr Units was on other barracks.
Important:
-PanzerLehrBrigade 9 (PzLBrig 9) not in Munster (german Münster), the Unit was based at Munsterlager, southwest of Lüneburg
-GebArtRgt 8 (not 1) in Landsberg, not Garmischm with
Gebirgsartilleriebataillon 81, Kempten
Gebirgsraketenartilleriebataillon 82, Landsberg
-GebHFlgKp 8, orginal GebHFlgSt 8, in Penzing AB, near Landsberg, with Bo-105VBH (without Hot-Rockets), not Bo-105P
(each German Division has an HFlgSt with 10 Bo-105VBh each)
-PzAufKlBtl 11 in Munster, not Oldenburg
-PzAufKlBtl 5 in Sontra, not Diez
-PzAufklBtl 2 in Hessisch Lichtenau, not Kassel
-PzAufKlBtl 6, Eutin, not Neumünster
-GebPzBtl 8 in Pocking, not Garmisch
-GebPzAklBtl 8 in Freyung, not Garmisch
-PzAufKlBtl 12 in Ebern, not Würzburg
-GebFlgAbwRgt in Traunstein, not Garmisch
-each FlgAbwRgt has 6 batteries with 6 "Gepard" and 6 "Stinger-Teams" on Unimog-Trucks
and many more.........
02-04-2010, 04:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-26-2010, 01:48 PM by Aaron.)
(02-03-2010, 11:32 PM)anton dolf Wrote: Sorry for my bad english.

Much German Army/ Bundeswehr Units was on other barracks.
Important:
-PanzerLehrBrigade 9 (PzLBrig 9) not in Munster (german Münster), the Unit was based at Munsterlager, southwest of Lüneburg
-GebArtRgt 8 (not 1) in Landsberg, not Garmischm with
Gebirgsartilleriebataillon 81, Kempten
Gebirgsraketenartilleriebataillon 82, Landsberg
-GebHFlgKp 8, orginal GebHFlgSt 8, in Penzing AB, near Landsberg, with Bo-105VBH (without Hot-Rockets), not Bo-105P
(each German Division has an HFlgSt with 10 Bo-105VBh each)
-PzAufKlBtl 11 in Munster, not Oldenburg
-PzAufKlBtl 5 in Sontra, not Diez
-PzAufklBtl 2 in Hessisch Lichtenau, not Kassel
-PzAufKlBtl 6, Eutin, not Neumünster
-GebPzBtl 8 in Pocking, not Garmisch
-GebPzAklBtl 8 in Freyung, not Garmisch
-PzAufKlBtl 12 in Ebern, not Würzburg
-GebFlgAbwRgt in Traunstein, not Garmisch
-each FlgAbwRgt has 6 batteries with 6 "Gepard" and 6 "Stinger-Teams" on Unimog-Trucks
and many more.........

Not all start at barracks locations, some of the ART that was to close to the border was pushed back for gamey reasons, the whole BDE starts at where the HQ was stationed otherwise the Bns in each BDE would have been scattered about a 20 hex area and the first turn would have taken you another 2 hours just to figure out which BDE all these Bns went to. Same goes for MOST of the divisional elements.

As for the stingers they wouldnt have had all of them in the same spot and shoulder launched systems are not represented with their own unit, these have been added into unit values, look at the AA of the HQ for example, on another note alot of the systems were still redeye in the Bundeswehr so the AA value is even less than that of the stingers.

Just double checked the GebHFlgKp 8 and you are correct it is the observation model and a couple of them have 20mm mounted on them. Have eliminated them from the game

Aaron

Also looking to post up a new version this week. 4.6
Rangers Lead the Way