• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Battles Demo - Released!
04-01-2017, 08:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-01-2017, 09:04 PM by Mr Grumpy.)
RE: Panzer Battles Demo - Released!
(04-01-2017, 08:06 PM)Strela Wrote: Thanks Ian,

It's on my very long to do list. I'll probably look at this for PzB 3 and retrofit back to the other titles during an update phase.

I had done a very big pass on the manuals just under 12 months ago and am not looking forward to doing it gain... one of those necessary evils - particularly for the Demo which is targeted at new players.

David

As I am sure you are aware the fact you have to place the PBEM .bte file into the "saves" folder is not covered by the manual, sure had me confused for a while.

I know what a pain it is to check the manuals text to ensure it covers every aspect of the series evolution as I did this for the FWWC series, I thought we had it nailed down 100% but only the other day I noticed a mistake that had been carried over from the PzC series in the supply section!
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2017, 09:55 PM,
The difference between the old terrain and the new, more colourful, tiles can result in some terrain type visibility issues in maps like Bogodukhov and Flanking Kharkov where grass is not easy to find on the darker green elevation level.
04-01-2017, 10:57 PM,
(04-01-2017, 09:55 PM)ComradeP Wrote: The difference between the old terrain and the new, more colourful, tiles can result in some terrain type visibility issues in maps like Bogodukhov and Flanking Kharkov where grass is not easy to find on the darker green elevation level.

I adjusted color for the maps as well as the "height" hex-sides.
Would like to know you opinion if its is better or worse with the visibility.
http://imgur.com/a/mlhKv
04-02-2017, 05:00 AM,
(04-01-2017, 08:03 PM)wiggum Wrote: Adjusted the "cliff" hexsides to be less huge for European and Russian maps:
[Image: u8u4EsC.jpg]

Made a special version of these subtile height hexsides for the desert maps:
[Image: 9ESENbK.png]

I especially like the narrower slope edges.
04-02-2017, 08:02 PM,
@ Strela

Please give the Shading options a different color in the menu bar.
Currently they are Green like every other option around them but i and most likely many other also use them constantly so giving "Reachable Hexes", "Max Range", "Command Range" a different color then green to stand out more would be a good idea.

Also i want to report this bug was also there in Normandy with some of the NATO Symbols (when using Divisional color):
It has nothing to do with my mod, the bug is in some of the NATO artwork.
[Image: XQZyjUx.png]
04-03-2017, 05:58 AM,
(04-02-2017, 08:02 PM)wiggum Wrote: @ Strela

Currently they are Green like every other option around them but i and most likely many other also use them constantly so giving "Reachable Hexes", "Max Range", "Command Range" a different color then green to stand out more would be a good idea.

Also i want to report this bug was also there in Normandy with some of the NATO Symbols (when using Divisional color):

What's the bug? If you're talking the mortar with the stripe, it was deliberate. All indirect fire units have it.

David
04-03-2017, 07:01 AM,
(04-03-2017, 05:58 AM)Strela Wrote:
(04-02-2017, 08:02 PM)wiggum Wrote: @ Strela

What's the bug? If you're talking the mortar with the stripe, it was deliberate. All indirect fire units have it.

David

That was deliberate ?
I always thought it was a bug.

What do you say about giving the Shading options a different color in the menu bar ?
Currently these drown in the pool of all the other green colored menu options in the bar.
04-03-2017, 10:16 AM,
I'm thinking about it....

It's not as easy as it seems.

David
04-03-2017, 11:23 PM,
(04-03-2017, 07:01 AM)wiggum Wrote: What do you say about giving the Shading options a different color in the menu bar ?
Currently these drown in the pool of all the other green colored menu options in the bar.

It's easier to commit to memory the hot key for these several functions.  Less mousing around with the right hand to find the toolbar button.  More use of the otherwise idle left hand.
04-04-2017, 06:39 AM,
(04-03-2017, 11:23 PM)berto Wrote:
(04-03-2017, 07:01 AM)wiggum Wrote: What do you say about giving the Shading options a different color in the menu bar ?

It's easier to commit to memory the hot key for these several functions.  Less mousing around with the right hand to find the toolbar button.  More use of the otherwise idle left hand.

Hotkeys ? Whats that ? Big Grin

Well, you did a pretty good job with the coloring of the menu bar but lost it a bit with all the green colored buttons at the end. Adding one or two more colors would be better for usability in my opinion.