• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SPMBT campaign proposition! (long post but worthy)
02-09-2014, 01:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014, 01:22 AM by Gila.)
RE: SPMBT campaign proposition! (long post but worthy)
(02-08-2014, 01:32 PM)SaS TrooP Wrote: Honestly, I do not particularly understand, If you could clarify I would be grafetul.
BTW, you object presence of WMD for... humane reasons or purely gameplay issues and you fear destruction of campaign fun?

Not for just inhumane reasons at all.
I just don't think it belongs in a tactical battle in scope of this game.
Maybe a strategic game where you have divisional formations to wipe out with no effects on your own,but a unit based battle(realisticaly would ever they be used?) and just way too close in, and how would one implement those things?.
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2014, 03:03 AM,
Seems my ears were burning for a reason. Big Grin Not 100% sure which campaign low_bidder is referring to, maybe Red Snow, the one in the Crimea?

Anyway, I've not been playing any SP for the last year or so but you guys are more than welcome to any of my old material I can scrounge up for you. Just let me know.
02-09-2014, 03:31 AM,
Figure I would throw these links out there in case anyone wants to look around;

http://web.archive.org/web/2001050504102...om/ddmain/

http://www.combat-campaigns.com/spmbt/nato_wp/

http://web.archive.org/web/2004122606381...snow.shtml

http://web.archive.org/web/2002041011082.../index.htm
02-09-2014, 09:34 AM,
Quote:Hello SAS,

Yes I'm ready and eager to join in, I've been bashing away at the AI for weeks now and am getting better all the time. I have years of miniatures experience behind me so am not a complete tactical novice. Also I'm not working due to ill health so have all the time in the world to tackle turns.

Cheers,

Iain

OK, I can agree on that, but you can enter only when first round of battles is over. Start reading public part of campaign subforums, I will assign you to one of the sides on days.

Quote:Not for just inhumane reasons at all.
I just don't think it belongs in a tactical battle in scope of this game.
Maybe a strategic game where you have divisional formations to wipe out with no effects on your own,but a unit based battle(realisticaly would ever they be used?) and just way too close in, and how would one implement those things?.

First of all, this campaign is made on specific basis, this means units are descaled, tank division becomes tank brigade/regiment and so on and so on. So, theoretically we command all the forces and it is only us who make any decision on the front, only with STAVKA and SHAPE over our heads.
Notice, because you have access to NATO subforums, that cost of singular use of chemical and nuclear weapon is equal or greater than bringing in medium-equipped unit on a battlefield. This means that option CANNOT be overused. Furthermore, mentioned STAVKA/SHAPE and block your usage fearing of escalation. And finally, such weaponry will delay or destroy only a part of a formation, it will not wipe out entire provinces, their population and armies. This option is to make life of one side easier, not changing the course of everything. So In my opinion, if you fear WMDs will ruin the game, I can assure you it is NOT going to be like it. Especially, as GM, I will apply logical limits to have it running properly.
And finally, political reaction will be included. If one decides for heavy WMDs usage, one shall remain without freshly commited troops or trust from high level leadership.
02-15-2014, 05:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-15-2014, 06:09 PM by Gila.)
I guess you still don't understand the "close in" aspect i was relaying to you.
If one uses WMD's in close quarters in a face to face tactical battle(i see you you see me) then should not friendly units get damaged also?
I can accept it in a larger strategic format,where you plan to take out huge areas with no harm to friendly's, but should not be even considered in a tactical level even at the high cost .
I'm out.
Thanks for your highly quantified response though.
02-15-2014, 10:40 PM,
I didn't know there are WMDs in SP. I thought they were to be used on the strategic level only.
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
02-16-2014, 08:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-16-2014, 08:43 AM by Gila.)
(02-15-2014, 10:40 PM)Vesku Wrote: I didn't know there are WMDs in SP. I thought they were to be used on the strategic level only.

They can't be used in WinSP games AFAIK, unless SaS has figured a way to do it.
I really don't understand why the issue was ever brought to the table.

Just when reading through the extensive rules and the possible use of WMD's,i realized this ain't for me.

Have fun and good luck!
02-17-2014, 04:31 AM,
WMDs are simulated only on strategic map in between battles. WMDs used close to friendly forces will obviously result in disaster.
02-19-2014, 10:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-19-2014, 10:06 AM by Gila.)
OK,that clarifys it somewhat for me and others as well.
I did not realize the huge scope of this adventure when signed up.
Too big for me.
BTW, I forgot NATO password so no spoiler.
03-25-2014, 09:26 AM,
Aaaand this is it for the Day 1 combat situations!

You can read about public aspect of the campaign progress right after this click!

Turn 1 is right now over and both sides think what to do next. Will Soviets break the strike of defeats? This day was saved mainly by poor weather conditions that allowed NATO to use technological advantage. What shall happen when fog and rain goes down with sun shining again over Germany, Denmark and Austria?

Stay tuned for the next chapter!
Join the game if you feel strong enough to try your skills! Campaign is open for any Blitz SPMBT players!

NATO forces may celebrate. But at the end of the day... will western troops be still alive?