• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A few "thank you's"..:)
07-31-2008, 03:20 AM,
RE: A few "thank you's"..:)
Yeah Toni... set one up and send it over.

Its about time we locked swords again.
07-31-2008, 03:33 AM,
First turn sent !
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
07-31-2008, 03:36 AM,
Turn sent !
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
07-31-2008, 07:14 AM,
Paul (SG), is it possible to set up a new forum at the blitz called "Nobody Else Cares" so that people who start and comment on threads like this and have to have the last word can "banter" to their hearts content pretending everyone else is hanging on their every word and praising their rhetoric??? Then if any of us are REALLY bored/drunk/suicidal we can go over to it and read the fascinating scriptures awaiting a comment of such denouemental proportions that it actually blows our brains right out of our ears and our jaws hit the floor with such force that all our teeth fall out?

no? thought not? but thanks for listening.

everyone else, please keep up this intreaguing dialogue, I can't wait to see who wins.. although I suspect it could be some time.

:rolleyes:
07-31-2008, 08:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-31-2008, 08:44 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
Stryker Wrote:..is it possible to set up a new forum at the blitz called "Nobody Else Cares"..

This thread's getting on for a thousand views mate, so somebody must care..;)
How about a new forum called "The Circus"?

[Image: clowns.png]
07-31-2008, 12:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-31-2008, 12:44 PM by Mad Russian.)
Stryker Wrote:Paul (SG), is it possible to set up a new forum at the blitz called "Nobody Else Cares" so that people who start and comment on threads like this and have to have the last word can "banter" to their hearts content pretending everyone else is hanging on their every word and praising their rhetoric??? Then if any of us are REALLY bored/drunk/suicidal we can go over to it and read the fascinating scriptures awaiting a comment of such denouemental proportions that it actually blows our brains right out of our ears and our jaws hit the floor with such force that all our teeth fall out?

no? thought not? but thanks for listening.

everyone else, please keep up this intreaguing dialogue, I can't wait to see who wins.. although I suspect it could be some time.

:rolleyes:

It never ceases to amaze me that on a site that has voluntary participation, how often uninvolved parties, which also includes a fair amount of mods on the site from time to time, like this time, feel the need to post their negative comments in a thread.

If you don't want to read what's in this thread, by all means don't.

The very right that you used to post this in the thread also allows Steel God and I to discuss whatever Blitz business we want in here too.

Our posts weren't about slamming other sites or people. They are about the operation and management of the Blitz itself. If that doesn't interest you I'm sorry. From time to time, like now, it interests me.

You can do one of three things:

1) Not come back and don't read any more posts in this thread.

2) Come back and read the posts but not respond yourself.

3) Come back and read the posts and respond.

Those are the exact same three options the rest of us have.

Why I should care, if you think my discussion with Steel God interests you, or not? I'm not exactly sure why you even think I care about your posted opinion. However, I appreciate that you get the chance to voice your opinion and as far as I'm concerned may continue to do so. Although I have no special discompensation for you to do so here.

If the thread offends, or bothers you in any way, may I suggest that you just skip over it in the future?

While the message board seems to be trying to go all CM topics I don't think you could fault anyone for voicing Blitz issues on a Blitz message board.

But then I could be wrong. I've been wrong before.

As far as who will win, it will be the Blitz. That's why issues are worked out. So that things are better in the end than they were in the beginning.

Good Hunting.

MR
07-31-2008, 04:50 PM,
Mad Russian Wrote:While the message board seems to be trying to go all CM topics I don't think you could fault anyone for voicing Blitz issues on a Blitz message board.

MR

Ok I have stayed back and watched this develop but now I feel I must say something.

I can't agree more MR, this forum is the perfect place to discuss Blitz issues, But I think that this thread has gone further than that and is now seems like we are flogging a dead horse.

I still want you to be able to discuss your points but feel you have better options available to you. I know you have turned it down but maybe a PM might serve you better, up to you. :)

As for any detractors, I think its time to bit ones toungue, let any one who wants a say to have it, and for us all to return to what we do best....Playing CM.

I will leave it open for tonight but after that I am inclined to close it off.

Good gaming everyone.
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
07-31-2008, 10:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-31-2008, 10:30 PM by Mad Russian.)
Wigam Wrote:I can't agree more MR, this forum is the perfect place to discuss Blitz issues, But I think that this thread has gone further than that and is now seems like we are flogging a dead horse.

I couldn't agree more. The dead horse in my case is how some members are treated so much differently than others. In this case POS went on a rant for a full day about other sites and their management. When someone did step in it wasn't even the Mod but SG. All the mod ever did was use the thread to get a game started.

Quote:I still want you to be able to discuss your points but feel you have better options available to you. I know you have turned it down but maybe a PM might serve you better, up to you. :)

I'll NEVER do PM's with any of the management on this website ever again, about Bltiz related issues, unless they lift the ban on what's said in PM's to be brought back. That's been used as a way to say whatever a person wants and then deny any, and all, of those words later on.

As I said before, anything I have to discuss about Blitz policy, or the running of the boards, can be said here in front of the members. I'll not hide my words in PMs that later can't used in any dispute.

Quote:As for any detractors, I think its time to bit ones toungue, let any one who wants a say to have it, and for us all to return to what we do best....Playing CM.

I will leave it open for tonight but after that I am inclined to close it off.

Good gaming everyone.

SG and I were pretty much through with our discussion.

However, I now find it interesting, that a thread that has gone a direction of discussing club policy, and the manner in which posts are made, is being closed. I would have thought that you would have used this thread to clear up any areas that members were unclear on, or had any questions about, instead of closing it.

You want to lock this thread now but you're one of the mods that let POS run. SG was the one that stepped in. Neither you or Bootie.

But then, I'm just a member not one of the management. That job is thankless, except when we remember to thank you guys, for all the time and effort you put into all of the rest of us having a place to have our say.

Thanks for that.

Good Hunting.

MR
07-31-2008, 10:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-31-2008, 10:34 PM by Kelen.)
PoorOldSpike Wrote:Secondly,as regards 'badmouthing' some other clubs, I prefer to call it "setting the record straight" in my over-zealous desire to protect Blitz and my boss SG from mud-slinging..:)

OK I asked once and didn't get a reply so I'll ask again, what 'mud slinging'? What 'outside propaganda'?

As I said previously, I haven't noticed any of that going on for some time. In fact recently there has only been one individual, (that I have noticed), who in their posts persistantly mentions issues arising from their involvement with other clubs, to which others then respond, and THEN things start to go downhill.

PoorOldSpike Wrote:As for my bannings from certain sites, it was a mutually-agreed thing

How does that work then? Surely if someone 'agrees' to leave they just leave, whereas if someone is banned they are just banned, they don't ask seek your acceptance before it's done.

"Er, we are thinking of banning you, is that all right?"
"No, certainly not! I should be made the ladder leader and given the job of 'Training Officer'"

Hmm, actually that might explain a few things...
07-31-2008, 11:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-31-2008, 11:51 PM by Christian Soldier.)
Mad Russian Wrote:If you don't want to read what's in this thread, by all means don't.
I agree with MR.

It is called free will. Nobody has to click this thread. So why have so many...hmmm??

The one star rating is too big of a temptation...I have to click...I must click...WHY OH WHY DID I CLICK????????????
Big Joe

**visit the H2H section and help the designers by testing their scenarios**