• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Forum Rules involving Clickie posts
08-10-2007, 03:29 AM,
RE: Forum Rules involving Clickie posts
The Coil Wrote:
Panzer Dan Wrote:In other words the only opinion that matters is the one RD posseses.
Hmm, smacks of dictatorship!
By the way, join the fun, have a "pretzel". Can't have anyone walking around with 0 "pretzels".

Subtle... lol... Ok, here is my stab at subtlety... These pretzels are making me thirsty! But I just love pretzels. Especially dipped in green relish, making them 'green'. I don't like ketchup or red relish on them. Ptooey!

I'd really like it if I got a few more pretzels... dipped in green relish.

That should about do it...

Time to look for another "codeword" I would say...

LMAO!!!

Cheers!

Leto
08-10-2007, 03:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2007, 03:48 AM by The Coil.)
[hirr Wrote:Leto]
The Coil Wrote:
Panzer Dan Wrote:In other words the only opinion that matters is the one RD posseses.
By the way, join the fun, have a "pretzel". Can't have anyone walking around with 0 "pretzels".

Subtle... lol... Ok, here is my stab at subtlety... These pretzels are making me thirsty! But I just love pretzels. Especially dipped in green relish, making them 'green'. I don't like ketchup or red relish on them. Ptooey!

I'd really like it if I got a few more pretzels... dipped in green relish.

That should about do it...

Time to look for another "codeword" I would say...

LMAO!!!

Cheers!

Leto

Maybe it'd help if we stopped putting the code word in quotes.

Edit: Dang...tried to give you a hamburger, but I've already given away 3 today. And McDonald's (or is it BurgerKing)(<---now, that's subtle) only let's me have 3 per day. You'll have to wait till then for your hamburger. I'll have more hamburgers tomorrow.
08-10-2007, 03:48 AM,
RedDevil Wrote:In all fairness POS did not post anything that slightly resembled discussing the clickie postings in this thread. He posted his pictorial history of his reputation screen and complained that he had once again received a red rep point and was going to leave the site because of it.

FYI, POS PM'd me that he is gone. I tried to talk him out of it, but no response as of yet. At the end of the day, I think we can all lay this down at POS's doorstep, as I think his interpretation of the clicky system (and his consequent dislike of the red clickie) brought it all to our attention once again, beginning what the historians have dubbed, "The Third Clickie War". The chain of history has now run its course and we find ourselves in the current Letonian "Clicky Revolution", that was unwittingly (in the deepest sense of the word) started by a few cast off threads that intended to resemble some form of light humor, but otherwise caused insurgents to pop forth from the woodwork.

There are also some that believe that much of this ado about nothing has been exacerbated politically by a false prophet (and bad humor consultant) known as Osama click Laden, AKA the Coil, and that it is HE, that has masterminded this whole evolutionary process that some find to be highly disruptive (for reasons truly unknown to any but Schleppo, the one whiskered savante Walrus of Scapa Flow, known for his philosophies and uncritical examination of nincompoopery).

With that being said, I think that all is well and good if the very essence of the blitz CM MB (that pertaining to some game called Combat Mission, although I have never heard of it personally) remains focused on CM and that the MB does not become indundated forthwith and forsooth with addle brained threads braying about anything that closely resembles even a close (but very attractive and incestuous temptation of a) cousin to the much ballyhooed and near pariah like clickie.

Thus all the moderators have done, although highly superfluous in the preferred efficacy of their duties, is to have carried out there duties (ahem). And even they are having a hard time looking themselves in the mirror over the whole affair (no doubt). I'm actually on the in with some high up people in the organization, and it has been expressed that some are quite concerned over the mental health of at least one CM forum moderator. As mods have no health care insurance, they have decided to enlist the gratis services of "Lucy" from the peanuts comic strip to engage the healing process (well done Coil old boy, you've driven one nuts over this clickie fiasco).

And yes, I am stalling from going back to some mind tingling laborious work that I cannot avoid, but must escape from to maintain sanity.

If you had not already guessed.

Cheers!

Leto
08-10-2007, 03:50 AM,
Umm, so has the ship sailed on my reset all the clickies to zero idea?
08-10-2007, 03:54 AM,
The Coil Wrote:Maybe it'd help if we stopped putting the code word in quotes.

Edit: Dang...tried to give you a hamburger, but I've already given away 3 today. And McDonald's (or is it BurgerKing)(<---now, that's subtle) only let's me have 3 per day. You'll have to wait till then for your hamburger. I'll have more hamburgers tomorrow.

Actually if this persists, maybe they will allow us to create our own MB solely for the purpose of discussing clickies. That is, if the insane asylum allows that kind of access to the internet. I want a GREEN straightjacket... you can have the RED one.

And perhaps we should move this into a more appropriate genre of McHOT APPLE PIES (green apple of course). I'd like an apple pie when you regain your capacity to bake tomorrow.

WINK WINK.

Cheers!

Leto
08-10-2007, 08:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2007, 08:14 AM by McIvan.)
RedDevil Wrote:
Panzer Dan Wrote:
Quote:POS this is a thread for discussing why the clickie posts need to remain on these forums.. NOT a place for you to complain about them again.. all posts not discussing the the need or benefits for the continuance of allowing them to be posted are being removed from this thread. RD
In other words the only opinion that matters is the one RD posseses.

Okay, let's keep the clickies, but only if we can discuss them.

In all fairness POS did not post anything that slightly resembled discussing the clickie postings in this thread. He posted his pictorial history of his reputation screen and complained that he had once again received a red rep point and was going to leave the site because of it.

This is not discussing the reasons for allowing rep threads, but was a post of someone simply complaining about his own rep points. Therefore, since it was simply a post of personal grief over a red rep point he had gotten for his posts here, it did not contribute or show any semblance of participating in the discussion and was removed.

We do not need public announcements of every rep point given from someone.

We should discuss the reasons for not moderating the posts that pertain to rep points in this thread.

My post clearly stated this thread was for discussing this, and not a place to post complaints about your own personal rep points.
We are only discussing the allowing of threads and posts complaining about the issuance of rep points.
The discussion involving rep points is so that we may decide to make an addition to forum posting rules or not.
The forum rules are posted clearly for all to see and compliance is enforced by the moderators here. The overall criteria of forum posting rules was decided by public inquiries such as this one and staff votes based on the results.

How does this then smack of "dictatorship"?

The issue concerning keeping the clickies or not was decided last year when they were 1st introduced. This is not the discussion we are having in this thread or at this time.

Well written and well said. Lest there be any doubt (not that I thought there was), I agree with every word.
08-10-2007, 08:16 AM,
Walkure Wrote:
McIvan Wrote:I dunno....I'm severely tempted by the taking up drinking option. The hughs might have to wait :whis:

I'll buy, BTW can i get you intrested in a CM QB 3K game?

Walkure:conf:

In all good concience I can't, Walkure.....Leto and Mad Russian and Gary from the CS forum would shoot me if I did, seeing as I'm stalled on their games so badly for weeks in some cases. Ironically I have more free time at work (like right now) than at home....counter-intuitive as that may seem.

When and if that changes I'll be advertising for some games, but atm I'm snowed.
08-10-2007, 12:26 PM,
McIvan Wrote:
Walkure Wrote:
McIvan Wrote:I dunno....I'm severely tempted by the taking up drinking option. The hughs might have to wait :whis:

I'll buy, BTW can i get you intrested in a CM QB 3K game?

Walkure:conf:

In all good concience I can't, Walkure.....Leto and Mad Russian and Gary from the CS forum would shoot me if I did, seeing as I'm stalled on their games so badly for weeks in some cases. Ironically I have more free time at work (like right now) than at home....counter-intuitive as that may seem.

When and if that changes I'll be advertising for some games, but atm I'm snowed.

Yup and I'm waiting for my file right now!! Instead of posting on here you should be playing the turn and sending it back!!

We all know that you're just dragging your feet to stall the defeat you know is coming!

Good Hunting.

MR
08-10-2007, 01:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2007, 01:18 PM by McIvan.)
I'm at work! I visit frequently because mods should be frequent visitors...and then I can't help posting. But I really shouldn't be....

Losing? Defeat? What defeat? :P
08-10-2007, 02:39 PM,
McIvan Wrote:I'm at work! I visit frequently because mods should be frequent visitors...and then I can't help posting. But I really shouldn't be....

Losing? Defeat? What defeat? :P

Yup...you're about to suffer the agony of de feet!!!

Install CMBB on your work computer. You're the boss. Nobody is going to complain. Tell them you are taking an intelligence break....

Good Hunting.

MR