• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New to PzC, what next?
05-02-2014, 05:44 AM,
RE: New to PzC, what next?
(05-02-2014, 04:36 AM)bob. Wrote: Small question by the way, I can't find it anywhere:
what is the difference between the regular scenarios and the "a" HTH scenarios? I understand that this would mean they are better for playing against a real opponent, but what is different about them?

Not being a scenario designer, I can only make a stab at this, but I understand that the biggest difference between them, typically, would be in their objectives and in the freezing of units and their release times/conditions.
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2014, 06:18 AM,
Glad you are having a great time with PzC, soon you should consider taking things to the next level and stop kicking the AI around and take on a real opponent! Wink

As the other guys said, the H2H scenarios are optimized for human to human PBEM and that is why there are two versions of those scenarios, I think they were only introduced from El Alamein onwards so the earlier titles don't have them.
05-02-2014, 08:24 AM,
(05-02-2014, 06:18 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: As the other guys said, the H2H scenarios are optimized for human to human PBEM and that is why there are two versions of those scenarios, I think they were only introduced from El Alamein onwards so the earlier titles don't have them.

There are lots of custom scenarios on the internet, many of them here at the Blitz (look at the "scenarios" link, above).
05-02-2014, 08:30 AM,
(05-02-2014, 08:24 AM)Liebchen Wrote: There are lots of custom scenarios on the internet, many of them here at the Blitz (look at the "scenarios" link, above).

Almost 100 at this site last time I counted.
05-04-2014, 11:44 PM,
(05-02-2014, 06:18 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: Glad you are having a great time with PzC, soon you should consider taking things to the next level and stop kicking the AI around and take on a real opponent! Wink
Hah, some time, but I am not quite "kicking around" the AI yetBig Grin2

Also, I have yet to try out the alt scenarios from Volcano Man's mods! So much content to go through...
05-06-2014, 12:58 AM,
Could someone tell me what actually changes when you set an advantage for a side?
I can't find anything about it in the manual.
05-06-2014, 03:47 AM,
I am not sure of the complete details but I think it is all combat calls are shifted in favor of the side benefiting. It may impact supply checks and command control too.
[Image: exercise.png]
05-06-2014, 04:20 AM,
(05-06-2014, 03:47 AM)Ricky B Wrote: I am not sure of the complete details but I think it is all combat calls are shifted in favor of the side benefiting. It may impact supply checks and command control too.

Ah, I wish there was a complete answer for that. It just feels weird to set the AI as "better" and not actually know what happens. Thanks for the answer anyway.
05-06-2014, 08:03 AM,
The AI is an excellent learning tool, but as most players move on to PBEM games it can be surprising just how little we actually know about features like the advantage slider, I have been playing PzC 10+ years and never used it.

If you discover anyway about it be sure to let us know for future reference.
05-06-2014, 08:07 AM,
I still believe that the best way to learn anything beyond the basic mechanics is to play humans, preferably those who have more experience.

C'mon! Jump on in! The water's fine!

Seriously, though, what's the worst thing that could happen to you from playing a human? [/soapbox]