• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Issue with US troops
04-11-2014, 11:53 PM,
RE: Issue with US troops
(04-08-2014, 10:57 PM)Jason Petho Wrote: I'll be going through all the scenarios that come with the West Front install and perform the modifications for the Americans, British and Italians. I started last night and I will include the ones I get through in the 2.01 UPDATE when it comes out.

That of course leaves the custom ones, though whose responsibility that is I've no idea. I've just had to abandon a Gambsheim Bridgehead game with an opponent because against my Panzergrenadiers, Volksgrenadiers and Panthers he had '41 infantry. We called it off because it was clearly not the play balance that the scenario designer had in mind. The only other thing we could have done is played it round the other way afterwards.

Presumably the problem does not arise in early WF games, or at all in EF or RS?
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2014, 03:30 AM,
Any way to patch the games where the scenarios access one overall oob file? Then you would only have to make the correction once.
04-14-2014, 06:48 AM,
(04-14-2014, 03:30 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: Any way to patch the games where the scenarios access one overall oob file? Then you would only have to make the correction once.

Unfortunately, no. That isn't a possibility.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
04-15-2014, 05:43 AM,
(04-11-2014, 11:53 PM)David G Wrote:
(04-08-2014, 10:57 PM)Jason Petho Wrote: I'll be going through all the scenarios that come with the West Front install and perform the modifications for the Americans, British and Italians. I started last night and I will include the ones I get through in the 2.01 UPDATE when it comes out.

That of course leaves the custom ones, though whose responsibility that is I've no idea. I've just had to abandon a Gambsheim Bridgehead game with an opponent because against my Panzergrenadiers, Volksgrenadiers and Panthers he had '41 infantry. We called it off because it was clearly not the play balance that the scenario designer had in mind. The only other thing we could have done is played it round the other way afterwards.

Presumably the problem does not arise in early WF games, or at all in EF or RS?

Some dedicated few that are familiar with the file structures will need to go through all of them, I have a very good knowledge of this process, but not enough time with other Matrix projects in line first! However, if you send me the files for the Gambsheim Bridgehead scenario, I will work on it, might take a few days or so.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
04-15-2014, 06:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-15-2014, 06:21 AM by Crossroads.)
Yes if the original designers are still around it is not too difficult to help them to make the changes the 1.03 release introduced. Otherwise, it could be done on a one-by-one method.

Berto has made some wonderful utilities that include a tool to check which scenarios contain a certain unit. Unfortunately with custom scenarios no-one has all of them in their system.

Is there a method to get all scenarios from Blitz database by a batch run or something? If so I could try to run the tools through them to find out which scenarios are affected...

If a handful of key units would be converted that would do the trick I think.
04-15-2014, 07:52 AM,
Very good idea, Petri!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

04-15-2014, 09:55 AM,
Ok, I just finished converting this scenario, took a half an hour. Now, how should it be posted? How is this going to go down, I will peck away at the WF scenario's(custom ones), but aren't the original authors the only ones can modify their upload files? Please advise, I didn't try, but pretty sure I can't replace a file with a file?
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

04-15-2014, 10:30 AM,
Yeah, I can convert them too. I just did "Still Full Of Fight" and I'll do more from my personal collection.
If given details to where to upload them or email them too, I will.

It would be nice if a current, published list could be updated so the converters aren't duplicating each others work :-)
Send this user an email
04-15-2014, 12:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-15-2014, 12:51 PM by Jason Petho.)
For the stock scenarios:

I am 65% done the British. (Most of the late war scenarios were good for the infantry, but I revised the Carrier Sections to be the 1943 versions - All of the pre-43 scenario have been revised)

The Italians and Germans are done.

Americans will be done by the weekend.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
04-15-2014, 03:10 PM,
(04-15-2014, 07:52 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Very good idea, Petri!!

Or maybe not. Getting the zip files out from the DB, then unzipping them all would be the easy part.

Zipping the modified files, then figuring out which file name goes to which scenario neigh impossible...

One by one preferrably by designer or at least assisted by him is the only way to go I guess.