• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tiger VS 3 Shermans from movie "Fury"
01-17-2016, 03:06 PM,
RE: Tiger VS 3 Shermans from movie "Fury"
Movie was crap, that tank battle scene was crap...BUT THE TANKS WERE AWESOME! The FURY tank was just in a Czech tank show along with a "TIGER" (actually a T34 that they built a tiger on top of), but it did have PzIII 50L60 and a Valentine. I will see if I can find it online again.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2016, 09:34 PM,
(01-17-2016, 03:06 PM)Weasel Wrote: Movie was crap, that tank battle scene was crap...BUT THE TANKS WERE AWESOME!  The FURY tank was just in a Czech tank show along with a "TIGER" (actually a T34 that they built a tiger on top of), but it did have PzIII 50L60 and a Valentine.  I will see if I can find it online
if I would have been the tiger`s  comandante I would knock out the shermans with 76mm cannon first , and I would have left the 75 mm short gun for the last one, so I would knock out  pitt`s tank first.

cheers.
01-19-2016, 05:16 AM,
There will be another 100% completely restored Tiger 1 shortly.. The Tiger that resided at Aberdeen Proving Grounds in the US and had been in England undergoing 100% restoration process is just about completed. The turret has already been shipped back to Fort Benning Georgia and the Hull will be shortly.

This will also be a complete and running example of a Tiger 1.

http://www.lonesentry.com/blog/aberdeen-...nning.html
01-22-2016, 10:37 AM,
(01-17-2016, 03:06 PM)Weasel Wrote: Movie was crap, that tank battle scene was crap...BUT THE TANKS WERE AWESOME!  

Gents:  Smoke7

Agree 100% that the tank battle scene was crap. Totally unrealistic and "Hollywood-ized" to the point of being unrecognizable as "real" armor combat.

Now, for a movie that was really good AND had authentic equipment - check out "Saving Private Ryan."

Authentic Tiger and Sherman tanks including a Marder III, Sd. Kfz 250 halftrack, and flak guns.

Tank6
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email