• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTCS won't launch anymore - what is going on?
05-26-2013, 01:41 AM,
RE: JTCS won't launch anymore - what is going on?
Great News.

I've been using CCleaner for several years and it is a handy little program. I use it to clean my cookies, and whatever else, several times a day.

Best of all it is free!
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2013, 01:48 AM,
Yes, keeping my fingers crossed here... The worrying thing here was that the problem made no sense... Why would only the individual JTCS sub game launchers break up and nothing else...

But let us hope it was fixed.

And thanks Berto, I will turn off the Windows Automatic Update and carefully select what to install. I very much subscribe to the if-it-ain't-broke-don't-touch-it camp!
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-26-2013, 02:14 AM,
Since you have a working system again, do a Windows System Image (you'll find it in the Control Panel > System and Security > Backup and Restore, first item on the left). Strongly recommended! You should force a Windows Restore point now. Also strongly recommended!
05-26-2013, 02:19 AM,
How do I force a Windows Restore point?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-26-2013, 02:52 AM,
From your start menu, type "create system restore" in the search box. It will take you right to it.

As for ccleaner, really glad that worked. I'm thinking maybe the problem was windows looking at your C drive for parts of your old install and your D drive for others, but who knows?

Congrats! Smile

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
05-26-2013, 03:26 AM,
OK thanks!
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-26-2013, 04:30 AM,
The system feels somehow smoother now. I ran the CClean three times in a row, until the fourth analysis reported no issues. Let us hope whatever caused the issues was fixed.

I had the issue both with the old set up, and the new set up with the new install. That made just no sense to me, together with the fact it worked a couple of times but mostly not.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-26-2013, 05:57 AM,
(05-26-2013, 04:30 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: The system feels somehow smoother now. I ran the CClean three times in a row, until the fourth analysis reported no issues. Let us hope whatever caused the issues was fixed.

I had the issue both with the old set up, and the new set up with the new install. That made just no sense to me, together with the fact it worked a couple of times but mostly not.

I have used CCleaner for a while now, it is good.
Send this user an email
05-26-2013, 06:15 AM,
Great news that everything is working... knock on wood...

I use AVG PC TuneUp... I like it... but I paid for it... though not too much as they have a "military" appreciation version...
05-26-2013, 06:21 PM,
Huzzah! So far so good... The game booted up the second day running.

Thanks for the advice, again!

There's so many "registry cleaner" ads in download sites I've always thought they are all but scams for the most computer illiterate of us.

Like no way I will let a program from internet "fix" my PC! Lol. Jester
Visit us at CSLegion.com