• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Opponent for AotR or ES? ...and also an etiquette question. Thx.
04-01-2009, 10:40 AM,
RE: Opponent for AotR or ES? ...and also an etiquette question. Thx.
Hi Oz, I just kicked off two games, one vs. Landser34 and one vs. Mikekiller16. Not that the turns take very long, but I might hold off from starting a third game, just so that I don't run the risk of slowing things down by having too much on my plate. But I'll be happy to get back to you once one of those wrap up. And thanks for the offer.

Bill
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2009, 06:55 AM,
Hi Oz,

Actually, so far I seem to be doing okay getting my moves in, so I could kick off a game with you if you'd like. And I'm happy to have it count too, as I'm fairly ready for "prime time", recognizing that I am certain to be well challenged by a seasoned vet. Nonetheless, I love good challenges, so bring it on and don't hold back! Also, I've made the first move in the two scenarios I just started, so feel free to kick something off and send it my way (either AotR or ES). The only caveat is that I'm booked solid this upcoming weekend, so I won't be able to get any moves in on Saturday and until late Sunday evening. Also, let me know if there is anything I need to do in order to make it count from my end as I haven't participated in a ladder before.

Thanks,
Bill
04-02-2009, 06:38 PM,
Hi Bill,
Turn sent.
Best
Oz
04-03-2009, 06:12 AM,
I had difficulties registering the game I just played against Landser34. My best guess for that is my Blitz account may have been deactivated back in December due to inactivity (though I'm not sure why I still have access to the forum).

As a workaround, I created a new account with the callsign of "Rabbit" which I will start using going forward. I will continue to monitor my "Vilhjalmr" callsign for a while, but I will post all ladder games via my "Rabbit" account and eventually stop using my "Vilhjalmr" callsign altogether.

My apologies for any confusion this causes.

Bill
04-03-2009, 06:40 AM,
Vilhjalmr Wrote:I had difficulties registering the game I just played against Landser34. My best guess for that is my Blitz account may have been deactivated back in December due to inactivity (though I'm not sure why I still have access to the forum).

As a workaround, I created a new account with the callsign of "Rabbit" which I will start using going forward. I will continue to monitor my "Vilhjalmr" callsign for a while, but I will post all ladder games via my "Rabbit" account and eventually stop using my "Vilhjalmr" callsign altogether.

My apologies for any confusion this causes.

Bill

I do recall that callsign getting dropped from the ladder. You get booted from a ladder, but not from the Blitz Community, otherwise if you were a member in good standing on other ladders, but got deactivated from one, you don't lose it all.

All you have to do is re-register on the Squad Battle ladder under your callsign, I believe. No need to start a new alias. Try that and if you'd prefer to keep Vilhjalmr, I can have the other one erased....
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4