• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Shock Force
03-12-2009, 04:25 AM,
RE: Shock Force
I'm just trying to make up my mind whether or not to give CMSF another go.......i did so want to like it last time i tried it but it was so bugged. :(

cheers
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2009, 05:41 AM,
Fubar Wrote:Are the latest patches incremental or not.....i dont mind downloading/installing one patch but i cant be arsed with downloading 12 patches. Big Grin

cheers

You can find the information you need regarding that issue here. I imagine it will depend on what version you originally bought. I only had to install one patch since I bought the latest version with the Marines bundle.

Battlefront Patch Downloads

Hope this helps.
03-12-2009, 05:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-12-2009, 05:46 AM by Fubar.)
I bought the game when it first came out so i have the oldest version i guess.....not sure until i install it again.

Thanks for the link. :thumbs_up:

cheers
03-12-2009, 05:45 AM,
Fubar Wrote:I'm just trying to make up my mind whether or not to give CMSF another go.......i did so want to like it last time i tried it but it was so bugged. :(

cheers

Well I can indeed understand that. I didn't buy the thing until two weeks ago due to all the problems way back when they released the thing. But...now we are in 2009 and with the Marine Module addiiton (and its features) along with the latest patch which brings the version up to 1.11, the game IMHO has now reached the level of excellent playability.

I think I can say that you will be pleasantly surprised. I was enough with the new demo that I bought the bundle two weeks ago. I am eagerly awaiting the British Forces module now.
03-12-2009, 06:12 AM,
Sold.....i'll have two plz. ;)

Downloading the new patches AIT.

cheers
03-12-2009, 06:36 AM,
Im thinking of running a little ladder for CM:SF at www.thefewgoodmen.com if anyone is interested.
03-12-2009, 11:07 AM,
Hmmm my copy of CMSF seems to be faulty, i can't get the disc to install on any of 3 PC's, guess i should have hung onto the digital download copy i had before they sent me a hard copy of the game. :(

Oh well i'll just have to try the new demo again instead. :rolleyes:
03-12-2009, 12:57 PM,
Bootie Wrote:Im thinking of running a little ladder for CM:SF at www.thefewgoodmen.com if anyone is interested.

I'd be interested in trying my first ladder game with CMSF and I don't mind playing the Syrians.
03-12-2009, 01:17 PM,
Fubar Wrote:Hmmm my copy of CMSF seems to be faulty, i can't get the disc to install on any of 3 PC's, guess i should have hung onto the digital download copy i had before they sent me a hard copy of the game. :(

Oh well i'll just have to try the new demo again instead. :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that. Scratches on the disk?
03-13-2009, 02:58 AM,
enigma6584 Wrote:Sorry to hear that. Scratches on the disk?

Nope the disc seems fine, couldn't get it to install on the PC's at work either. :conf:

Played the new demo though and it's a vast improvement on the last build i played, AI and pathing seem much improved as does the framerate and UI.

I may have to buy this again as a digital download. Big Grin