• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Forum Rules involving Clickie posts
08-09-2007, 04:29 AM,
RE: Forum Rules involving Clickie posts
once you taste the clickie, you cannot survive without the clickie.

Master .. master.. where's the dreams that I've been after...
Master... master.. you promised only lies...
Laughter... laugher... laughing at my cries...
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
08-09-2007, 05:37 AM,
RedDevil Wrote:I think that's fair enough to allow clickie POSTS that humor us to pop up now and then I suppose, but a THREAD started on the sole basis of complaining/boasting about receiving clickies falls into the category of not being beneficial or rewarding for the community and should be subject to lockdown/removal.

I love clickies as much as the next guy, but I can see where 10 clickie threads might be viewed as excessive. By some...
08-09-2007, 05:40 AM,
Long live "clickies"!! Actually, it seems like a bit of harmless fun to me and I see no serious reason to ban it. I don't see it as having very long "legs" anyway and would expect it to go by the way in a short while without law enforcement's boot stomping assist.

If I see a "clickie" thread, it is not all that difficult for me to scroll over if not intersted. Wait, let me see. Yep, just did it. No problem. :)
08-09-2007, 05:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-09-2007, 05:43 AM by The Coil.)
[hirr Wrote:Leto]

BTW, it won't matter what the rules are, there will always be an underground black market for clickies. I'm devising a new code word for clickie, and I will be emailing it to other clickie addicts like myself, so that we can use it on the board to pass messages...

The clickie resistance lives on!!

: )

Cheers!

Leto

Leto, shh! Loose lips sink ships, silly...

Colonel T, Leto can absolutely not be in my secret underground clickie resistance cell, he just can't keep a secret. You'll have to take him in yours... And, by the way, your decoder ring is in the mail.
08-09-2007, 06:21 AM,
wtf is a 'clickie'?
08-09-2007, 06:32 AM,
Hi,

Some are looking for it like the Holy Grail quest. But what is a "Clickie" ?
And how does it work ?

Cheers.
Hubert
Idiots dare everything. That is the way to recognize them (Michel Audiard)
08-09-2007, 06:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-09-2007, 06:43 AM by The Coil.)
The Coil Wrote:
jomni Wrote:I'm new.
What's a clickie?

It's a reputation point. You can click on someone's reputation, and either green clickie them (add +1 to their rep) or red clickie them (-1 to their rep).

You'd think with all the discussion about them on the boards, there'd be something more to it, but that's about it. Strange, eh?

Trust me, they're way more fun than they sound.
08-09-2007, 06:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-09-2007, 06:47 AM by The Coil.)
{hirr}Leto Wrote:I'm devising a new code word for clickie, and I will be emailing it to other clickie addicts like myself...

A splickie for all your hard work, Leto. *wink wink, nudge nudge*

P.S. I think you should have used a less transparent word...

Edit: Dang it Leto, I'm editing your name so the quote doesn't screw up. Looks a little fancier that way, anyway.
08-09-2007, 07:03 AM,
I thought it would be appropriate to memorialize the mentioning of clickies here. This post, from May 1, 2007, was the first mention of clickies on the forum. Hard to believe clickies have only been with us for 3 months, they seem such a big part of my life. Also hard to believe this innocent little post ignited such a clicky furor...

The Coil Wrote:
RedDevil Wrote:I wouldn't worry about these rep points here, many users tend to fall into the trap that it actually means something and they really don't amount to poop.

Personally, it gives me a great sense of personal satisfaction when someone gives me a little green clicky... :P

And then, a mere 28 days later, the purity of the clickie was tarnished forever by Colonel Talvela:

Colonel Talvela Wrote:So could i bribe you into running the tests. How does two clickies sound?

And that's how we got to where we are now. Sad, isn't it?
08-09-2007, 07:19 AM,
RedDevil Wrote:once you taste the clickie, you cannot survive without the clickie.

Master .. master.. where's the dreams that I've been after...
Master... master.. you promised only lies...
Laughter... laugher... laughing at my cries...

From the well known album "Master of Clickies" :)