• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Should there be a informal guideline as to the percentage of turns completed before a game can be reported?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I don't care either way
21.88%
7 21.88%
I think we should not introduce a guideline.
40.63%
13 40.63%
I think we should introduce a guideline (can you indicate in the comments what % level this should be).
37.50%
12 37.50%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Proposal for guidelines for reporting incomplete games
02-22-2021, 12:30 PM,
RE: Proposal for guidelines for reporting incomplete games
(02-22-2021, 11:32 AM)typhoon Wrote: For me it’s the reporting the turns played for the reporting system that is important. I realise it cannot be back dated. It would also has seen in a recent thread be difficult or impossible to implement without a talented web guru moving forward so it seems no go. A guidance system for reporting games would not matter as a player who had played say 30 turns of a Minsk campaign would feel cheated if honour bound not to report. As Rick just pointed out the effort and time commitment involved in such a game is far greater than playing a scenario like desolate dump on the Desna say 50 times.

It is worth pointing out that 25% of turns for a Minsk campaign is 32 turns. I would not quibble about 2 turns. Desolate Dump on the Desna is 18 turns long so playing it 50 times would require 900 turns. I do not believe 30 turns of a Minsk campaign would be a 'far greater' effort.

Whether some will choose not to follow a guideline is not an argument for not having one. What I find interesting is that not many people are happy to commit to one. Either we prefer that everyone should just come up with their own or that there should be a generally agreed and stated standard. Or we just do not care as we we see the issue as unimportant. These are the three choices the poll provides.

The suggested guideline does not address the inequities between games of different sizes but is about fairer treatment for games of the similar size. Perhaps we cannot fix everything but should we at least try to make things slightly better? Do people seriously think that less than 25% of turns should constitute a completed game? I am genuinely surprised.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proposal for guidelines for reporting incomplete games - by Green - 02-22-2021, 12:30 PM