• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question on Serbia 14 ?
12-18-2021, 08:31 PM,
RE: Question on Serbia 14 ?
Though the armies in each FWWC game have their own unique traits and associated playstyle, Serbia '14 in my opinion more variety in terms of campaigns and forces involved than the two other titles.

In France '14, field guns and machineguns rule the battlefield. After the opening days, the situation can become much more like the mid-late war Western Front. It can be difficult to keep the frontline moving, with Entente units digging in like ticks as a defensive deployment is quite effective.

In East Prussia '14, an outnumbered but more flexible German force faces a numerically strong Russian force that is handicapped by poor C&C and supply. The Austro-Hungarian infantry forces in the later stages of the Lodz campaign add flavour but don't change the way you're fighting as the Central Powers.

In Serbia '14, the inclusion of the 4th Invasion makes all the difference. The first 3 invasion campaigns feature Austro-Hungarian forces of a widely varying quality facing usually B quality Serbian forces. In the 1st invasion you're fighting in more open terrain in the north-western tip of Serbia. In the other two invasion campaigns, you'll end up fighting over hills and mountains a bit to the south. The situation is different, the forces are similar in all invasion scenarios.

The 4th invasion campaign is very enjoyable to play and offers plenty of strategic options for both sides. It also includes German, Bulgarian, Montenegrin and Entente forces as the battle rages all over Serbia. There's an AAR for a 4th invasion campaign in the AAR section of the forum.

I wasn't sure what Serbia '14 would offer when I bought it, but I liked it more than France '14 and East Prussia '14. Volcano Man managed to balance all sides, emphasizing their strengths without making them overpowered and highlighting weaknesses without crippling them.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Question on Serbia 14 ? - by Landser34 - 12-18-2021, 05:03 AM
RE: Question on Serbia 14 ? - by jonnymacbrown - 12-18-2021, 06:06 AM
RE: Question on Serbia 14 ? - by KAreil - 12-18-2021, 07:40 AM
RE: Question on Serbia 14 ? - by Liebchen - 12-18-2021, 11:32 AM
RE: Question on Serbia 14 ? - by ComradeP - 12-18-2021, 08:31 PM
RE: Question on Serbia 14 ? - by Mr Grumpy - 12-19-2021, 02:18 AM
RE: Question on Serbia 14 ? - by Andrea G - 12-19-2021, 08:16 PM
RE: Question on Serbia 14 ? - by jonnymacbrown - 12-21-2021, 03:07 AM