• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Kursk '43 Campaign balance issue
11-02-2021, 04:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2021, 10:17 AM by dto.)
Kursk '43 Campaign balance issue
I'm playing the Soviets in the standard Kursk '42 Grand Campaign. It's only Turn 13 (the second day of the battle) and the Germans already have 7,600 VPs. They only 12,000 to win a Marginal Victory.

Soviets losses don't seem excessive (about 2:1 in favor of the Germans, which seems historical), and the Germans haven't achieved any major breakthroughs. But the Germans already have 4,700 Objective points, many of which are located near the front line, which makes them easy pickings. The Germans will probably gain another 1,000-plus points in the south from Objectives, which pretty much will give them a Draw at the minimum. The Germans will probably gain more VPs from killing Soviets than the Soviets from killing Germans, especially since many of the Soviet reserve won't activate until mid-game

It may be that I'm playing the game badly as the Soviets. But I wonder if the VP thresholds are too easy for the Germans.

Michael
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Kursk '43 Campaign balance issue - by dto - 11-02-2021, 04:21 AM
RE: Kursk '43 Campaign balance issue - by Green - 11-07-2021, 08:55 AM