• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

TRUDGE FOR TURDA - DETAILED RULES AND GAME MECHANICS
02-21-2021, 12:40 AM,
RE: TRUDGE FOR TURDA - DETAILED RULES AND GAME MECHANICS
The only example I can give with the mentioned .50 cal is the situation when it super rarely remains available within infantry squad. Other example would be SPMBT Norwegian platoon HQ that is a infantry unit, but is also equipped with tripod MG3.
Well, usually the common sense will be the best way to tell.
My general idea with z-fire is it is causing way too great suppressions without being even close to accurate firing and it does not consume any more ammunition than proper accurate firing. Thus I would strictly limit it to the units that are:
1) Visibly carrying overly serious firepower (like dedicated HMGs) or ammunition supply (this bunkers)
2) Are not super commonly available (thus tanks are open for adding up) to prevent lots of units at once executing z-firing

For example, for typical infantry battalion only battalion's heavy weapons company machineguns will usually be able to lay z-fire suppression. For the Soviets, where a battalion comprises of 59 units total:
- 9 out of 59 units will be able to z-fire if we exclude dedicated AAMGs (however has no serious elaboration, AAMGs are totally able to swipe the ground too)
- 12 out of 59 units if we could AAMGs in
- 14 out of 59 if we allow infantry gun howitzers fire in z-fire as well. This could make sense since in that case such gun cannot execute fire mission, so it comes at a cost

In the broadest application, less than 1/4 of all units deployed can possibly do the z-fire and this roughly gets my point.
Also, these rules can be even changed mid-game, so before final setups are taking place, talk this over and we will follow the majority here.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRUDGE FOR TURDA - DETAILED RULES AND GAME MECHANICS - by SaSTrooP - 02-21-2021, 12:40 AM