• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Update the base games.
01-06-2021, 08:20 AM,
RE: Update the base games.
"How they changed the graphics without consulting all the players mystifies me."

Technically .... they probably consider that they did   - they did the weathervane thing and went with the flow of posts included in this very folder, which were clearly in favour of using that material -the fact that no one seems to remember any of this -I find it pretty interesting ... as in where in the hell were any of you back then??? 

I know because those posts were undermining the project that I was given for them, to the point where I gave up -and recommended they go with said person's work.

Also -you can't do a single person graphic for leaders and multiple for squads/sub squads/crews - barring a programming change by the publisher - which I am pretty certain is never going to happen. Educated guess, but if they released the North Africa maps -then they're done with the series. I'd asked for that several years ago -got told 'no' ... I guess think of the meme that goes: 'Ok so there's still a chance!' -It was a project that had been for a game in development.

The gist is - this is essentially a mod project for end users now. Fwiw, it isn't high on my things to do list. I can get the original stock for FWW and I think Grenada (which I did miss doing earlier). I'm not interested in hosting that stuff on my own site.
Bydand
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Update the base games. - by Ashcloud - 12-30-2020, 08:08 PM
RE: Update the base games. - by Embis - 12-30-2020, 08:40 PM
RE: Update the base games. - by Xerxes77 - 12-30-2020, 09:59 PM
RE: Update the base games. - by phoenix - 12-30-2020, 10:22 PM
RE: Update the base games. - by Warhorse - 12-30-2020, 11:45 PM
RE: Update the base games. - by -72- - 01-06-2021, 08:20 AM
RE: Update the base games. - by Warhorse - 01-06-2021, 09:57 AM