• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Have default optional rules changed?
12-31-2020, 12:26 AM,
RE: Have default optional rules changed?
(12-30-2020, 03:51 PM)Green Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 02:10 PM)Strela Wrote: John,

We would welcome it officially. If you would like to tackle it we would include them in any future patches.. We might even provide you with a WDS cap!

It would be one of those cut & paste things. What would take longer is if the carriage return was implemented at the same time as the optional rules.

David

David,

That will teach me to shoot my mouth off!

Actually I appreciate the opportunity to make myself useful. Sadly, I do not think this is a 'WDS cap' worthy task but I have my fingers crossed that it may qualify for the T-Shirt. Cool... 

So, are you saying you want the carriage return feature to be used to reformat the entire description? This would make sense as some of the descriptions really could be improved by breaking them into paragraphs. So for example take this Sealion scenario description;

Reading, W of London, July 22nd 1940: The German High Command thought they had identified a "soft" spot in the GHQ Line to the south east of Reading. As a result, most of XV Pz Korps, which had landed the day before, moved to the west to seize Reading. Rommel was leading 7 Pz Division straight into Monty's sector of the GHQ Line. Reading was the prize, can the British hold on until reinforcements reach them? [Size, small] Designer Note: This scenario has been optimized for HTH play.

Using the carriage return and adding the optional rules, this could be changed to;

Reading, W of London, July 22nd 1940:
The German High Command thought they had identified a "soft" spot in the GHQ Line to the south east of Reading. As a result, most of XV Pz Korps, which had landed the day before, moved to the west to seize Reading. Rommel was leading 7 Pz Division straight into Monty's sector of the GHQ Line. Reading was the prize, can the British hold on until reinforcements reach them?

[Size, small]

Designer Note:
This scenario has been optimized for HTH play.

Recommended Rules:
(Default)  Artillery Set Up,  Low Visibility Air Effects,  Night Fatigue,  Programmed Weather

Is this the sort of thing that is wanted?

John

John,

I believe so. We had been using using carriage returns in that way for upcoming titles. We had not included optional rules as recommended, but I will go back to the teams to get that included. I agree with Mr Grumpy that having Optional Rules higher would be good, but I expect the descriptions to generally be all over the place and there is not an expectation to reorder/rewrite them.

If you are keen John, I can PM you directly and we can thrash out exactly what is the best way to tackle it all...!

David
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Have default optional rules changed? - by dto - 12-22-2020, 04:02 AM
RE: Have default optional rules changed? - by dto - 12-22-2020, 09:00 AM
RE: Have default optional rules changed? - by dto - 12-22-2020, 09:55 AM
RE: Have default optional rules changed? - by dto - 12-23-2020, 12:40 PM
RE: Have default optional rules changed? - by dto - 12-23-2020, 02:14 AM
RE: Have default optional rules changed? - by Strela - 12-31-2020, 12:26 AM