• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Update the base games.
12-30-2020, 08:40 PM,
RE: Update the base games.
I share your pain Ash, I think most of us do. It was a promising looking update which went off half cocked because of those mistakes. As described in another thread (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=74247) I found a workaround that keeps me happy which I will paraphrase and repost here:

Most of the series have a "notes" folder and inside that is a zip of the original graphics. Just extract this zip file into an empty Dir and then look for the following files:
  • Map/2Dunits50.bmp
  • Map/2Dunits100.bmp
  • Info/Units.bmp  
copy these into the relevant "Map" and "Info" folders of the game. overwriting the files that are there.

Since most of the games are "infantry heavy" this pretty much restores the look to my satisfaction. You will still have the top down view of the vehicles, but all the leader and unit graphics are restored as portraits, looks a lot better in my view and you get the best of all worlds.

As far as I know Eagles strike is the only SB game update that did not contain the original graphics zip (an oversight I believe) but I can supply you with those if you need them.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Update the base games. - by Ashcloud - 12-30-2020, 08:08 PM
RE: Update the base games. - by Embis - 12-30-2020, 08:40 PM
RE: Update the base games. - by Xerxes77 - 12-30-2020, 09:59 PM
RE: Update the base games. - by phoenix - 12-30-2020, 10:22 PM
RE: Update the base games. - by Warhorse - 12-30-2020, 11:45 PM
RE: Update the base games. - by -72- - 01-06-2021, 08:20 AM
RE: Update the base games. - by Warhorse - 01-06-2021, 09:57 AM