• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Have default optional rules changed?
12-22-2020, 01:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-22-2020, 01:58 PM by Strela.)
RE: Have default optional rules changed?
(12-22-2020, 01:36 PM)Green Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 11:51 AM)Strela Wrote:
  • We have included mods and other scenario as a service to the community. We have also ensured that where the mod designer has a different series of recommended rules, that there is a document laying that out and explaining the rationale. If this becomes too hard, we will start to remove mods as we don't need the angst being voiced in this thread.

David, if I thought you were interested in dialogue on this subject I would respond to the points you make in your post.

All I would say is that the use of a threat (i.e. not to include mods) as a way of trying to silence feedback, is disappointing. People are simply voicing their opinions and hoping to improve the game. Attempting to silence disagreement by such means is never a productive approach. And how can you claim that you encourage feedback if at the same time you say that you 'don't need the angst' when people provide it? 

It is official - You are off my Christmas card list.

Hi there,

That was not intended as a threat but a reduction in our support calls.

We combined all the mods that we thought were of sufficient quality and included them in the Gold updates and also included explanatory notes. Based on some of the commentary here it has continued to fuel uncertainties.

I am the last person to silence commentary - otherwise why would I lay out the rationale for the current optional rules? If it adds no value then I will happily allow you to all determine what your own realities are, but I thought giving you my reality, valid or otherwise would be useful.

If you view that I am now threatening and silencing the community I will take that aboard and couch my commentary more sensitively while mourning the loss of yet another Christmas card.

David
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Have default optional rules changed? - by dto - 12-22-2020, 04:02 AM
RE: Have default optional rules changed? - by dto - 12-22-2020, 09:00 AM
RE: Have default optional rules changed? - by dto - 12-22-2020, 09:55 AM
RE: Have default optional rules changed? - by Strela - 12-22-2020, 01:50 PM
RE: Have default optional rules changed? - by dto - 12-23-2020, 12:40 PM
RE: Have default optional rules changed? - by dto - 12-23-2020, 02:14 AM