• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Have default optional rules changed?
12-22-2020, 07:59 AM,
RE: Have default optional rules changed?
(12-22-2020, 06:07 AM)KAreil Wrote: Interested to hear that as well.

Unfortunately the John Tiller games are getting where TOAW3 was when I had a look at it years ago. So many optional rules that it gets really confusing to find the ones intended for each scenario. The Default-Button should do the trick but I don't think it suggests different rules for stock, _alt and _Prucha scenarios.

The default rules are set at the title level, not the scenario level.

The lack of consistent optional rules across games is in part a consequence of the introduction of these rules over time with no attempt made to bring the default rules of earlier games into line. Balance issues is the supposed reason for this I imagine. But the result is complexity and confusion with differences across games and now even within games due to the inclusion of Mods and the Alt scenarios. Playing more than one game at once using different rules adds to the confusion. And in addition to this you have the problem that many of these rules are not well understood.

It  seems to me that I spend more time discussing optional rules than I do playing these games. Yet, it could be fixed as it was in PzB. When I played these games optional rules were never an issue.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Have default optional rules changed? - by dto - 12-22-2020, 04:02 AM
RE: Have default optional rules changed? - by Green - 12-22-2020, 07:59 AM
RE: Have default optional rules changed? - by dto - 12-22-2020, 09:00 AM
RE: Have default optional rules changed? - by dto - 12-22-2020, 09:55 AM
RE: Have default optional rules changed? - by dto - 12-23-2020, 12:40 PM
RE: Have default optional rules changed? - by dto - 12-23-2020, 02:14 AM